OFFICIAL: G7x/G5x Series Benchmarking Thread

• Founder

So... let's see what your Asus can do biggrin.png

How to submit your scores

1. Make a post in this thread that will contain a screenshot, provide a link of your results if it is a 3DMark Vantage/11/06 run and post anything else you feel like mentioning for that particular run, i.e ambient temperatures, cooling method, etc...

2. Go to Forms and locate your laptop and then click on the benchmark you want to submit your results

3. Complete the form. The last question of the form will ask you to submit the link of either your post or the link of the screenshot you took (i.e [ URL]http://forum.techinferno.com/alienwa...g.html#post519 )

Note: You must type those tags (don't copy-paste them from this post, must be in capital letters, no spaces,) like the example above in order for the link to be clickable.

In case you want to edit or delete your submission or need assistance on how to submit your score check the guide here

************************************************** **************************************************

Submit your Scores HERE

Asus G-Series League

3DMark Vantage

3DMark 11

3DMark 06

• 1 month later...

3 runs on 3dmark11 with 895/1790/1665 and multiplier of 920xm set to 27/26/25/24:

p2627 Gpu: 2370 Cpu: 6584

3dmark117.th.jpg

DX11 games like Crysis 2, Dirt 3,... run stable with 860/1720/1665. DX10 games I can run up to 870/1740/1665. Crysis 2 runs much smoother now on my 1920x1200 display.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm extremely new at this so please forgive me if this may be a stupid question. What is the difference between 3dmark06, 3dmark11, and 3dmark vantage?

Don't worry, we all start somewhere. :)

As far as the three versions, it's about the release date in the following order - 3dm06, vantage, 3dm11, then the brand new 3dmark which has three tests, the one you'll mostly see is called fire strike.

They get progressively more demanding as you move through the years and some take a certain level of hardware to work properly.

3dm11 for instance requires DX 11 capable hardware to run.

Fell free to ask any more questions you may have. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Don't worry, we all start somewhere. :)

As far as the three versions, it's about the release date in the following order - 3dm06, vantage, 3dm11, then the brand new 3dmark which has three tests, the one you'll mostly see is called fire strike.

They get progressively more demanding as you move through the years and some take a certain level of hardware to work properly.

3dm11 for instance requires DX 11 capable hardware to run.

Fell free to ask any more questions you may have. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks taking the time in explaining the benchmark applications for me, I really appreciate it! I'll do my due diligence and use the search function to avoid asking any questions that have already been answered.

EDIT: I just finished tinkering with my nVidia control center and re-ran 3Dmark 11:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6313345

I stopped increasing my GPU clock speed immediately after began to appear; anything over 800mhz, even an increase of 1mhz to 801mhz, causes black ripples artifacts to show up. Would there be a way to circumvent the artifacts from appearing? I'd really like to avoid breaking or damaging anything (if I haven't done so already lol).

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just upgraded my Asus G75 with 2 Samsung Evo 1TB SSD's. Best upgrade I ever made. Windows 7 installed in about 5 to 10 minutes and the system boots in about 4 seconds. I am learning how to overclock now. Will probably break it... ;)

I am planning to upgrade to an SSD as well, but waiting on a good deal, I heard the Toshiba ssds are fast. You notice any performance improvements at all in games besides improved loading times?

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...