Getting new sodimm's, Kingston HyperX 2133. However...

I dont have a notebook that does xmp or overclocking (dell latitude). So I would be stuck with stock settings, but could that be changed from an SPD Flash or something? Heres what im getting.

http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/HX321LS11IB2K2_16.pdf - I would love to see these work at 10-11-12-31 at T2.

They are supposed to auto-overclock, though I dont know how that works with dell latitudes. I though about doing gskill 2133 for the command rate of T1 over kingstons T2, but stability is a little more important then extra speed. Unless of course anyone can show me otherwise.

What is your laptop? Newer memory is tested on haswell systems, which has a faster memory controller than ivy bridge and sandy bridge systems. If you have an older system it may be unstable at stock speeds.

As for running at the rated speed, latitudes have memory speed limits set in the bios. It may refuse to run over 1866 for example.

Most newer memory has write protect on the spd chip, making changing timings impossible without a laptop that supports overclocking, or a flash programmer tool.

• Thumbs Up 1

2133 ram has been out since 2011, and farther back actually. According to intel ark, no mobile cpu supports 2133, and the highest is 1866 LPDDR3 for 5th generation broadwell's. Im running a dell latitude E6420 Quad Core I7, which I know will support 16gb at 1866 for sure. I do use an SSD if your wondering.

• Bios Modder
What is your laptop? Newer memory is tested on haswell systems, which has a faster memory controller than ivy bridge and sandy bridge systems. If you have an older system it may be unstable at stock speeds.

As for running at the rated speed, latitudes have memory speed limits set in the bios. It may refuse to run over 1866 for example.

Most newer memory has write protect on the spd chip, making changing timings impossible without a laptop that supports overclocking, or a flash programmer tool.

Faster? No, memory controller in Ivy Bridge a little bit faster then in Haswell.

What is the best memory for Haswell? From DDR3-1333 to DDR3-2933: performance scaling test. Page 2 - X-bit labs

• Thumbs Up 1

Faster? No, memory controller in Ivy Bridge a little bit faster then in Haswell.

What is the best memory for Haswell? From DDR3-1333 to DDR3-2933: performance scaling test. Page 2 - X-bit labs

What I meant was it can run memory at higher frequencies/tighter timings. I was not aware that at the same frequency and timings it had a higher latency though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
How is the Ivy Faster? The after quote from Xbit labs doesnt fit in.
Where you saw that I told that Ivy faster than Haswell? :) We speak only about the memory controler! That the memory controler in Ivy a little faster than in Haswell. Read article more attentively. Quote from article:

"....Yet we can notice that, despite Intel’s efforts, the Haswell’s memory controller is a little slower than the one we had in the previous-generation LGA1155 configurations with Ivy Bridge CPUs. The practical memory bandwidth is almost the same but the Haswell’s memory latency is 9% higher. That’s the tradeoff of the asynchronous design..."

I am running 2400mhz on HyperX impact 4gb DDR3L sodimm on 2 2133mhz sticks for dual channel on my Alien 18 on 4940MX but it only allows me to do so because stock Alien 18 bios has up to 2666mhz available. Panther 5 on the way and 4 sticks of the same ram to attempt similar on Quad Channel but on a 4960X on a Eurocom. Alien 18 didnt have XMP either, so just got lucky they put 2666mhz into the bios. Using stock 1.35v as expected. Had to edit and flash ram spd table to have 2400mhz run on the ram since stock spd table for the chips is 2133mhz max.

• Bios Modder
I am running 2400mhz on HyperX impact 4gb DDR3L sodimm on 2 2133mhz sticks for dual channel on my Alien 18 on 4940MX but it only allows me to do so because stock Alien 18 bios has up to 2666mhz available. Panther 5 on the way and 4 sticks of the same ram to attempt similar on Quad Channel but on a 4960X on a Eurocom. Alien 18 didnt have XMP either, so just got lucky they put 2666mhz into the bios. Using stock 1.35v as expected. Had to edit and flash ram spd table to have 2400mhz run on the ram since stock spd table for the chips is 2133mhz max.

What the memory chips use on your HyperX impact 4gb DDR3L?

What the memory chips use on your HyperX impact 4gb DDR3L?

Ill peel sticker on them and post pic today with a screenshot too of their run in Aida :)

@Klem pic added :)

Hynix having trouble reading it lol

25084d10d335b2356a27d26c1b99a2b5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder
Ill peel sticker on them and post pic today with a screenshot too of their run in Aida :)

@Klem pic added :)

Hynix having trouble reading it lol

25084d10d335b2356a27d26c1b99a2b5.jpg

Thanks. This is the newest Hynix chips H5TC4G83DFR-PBA. Nice result for so-dimm DDR3L. Can you post here SPD dump from Taiphoon Burner?

You run 2400, with what timings? With 1.35V voltage? Are this settings is stable? Try test it on the 2400 with program TM5.

TM5 link: http://testmem.tz.ru/tm5.rar<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Thanks. This is the newest Hynix chips H5TC4G83DFR-PBA. Nice result for so-dimm DDR3L. Can you post here SPD dump from Taiphoon Burner?

You run 2400, with what timings? With 1.35V voltage? Are this settings is stable? Try test it on the 2400 with program TM5.

TM5 link: http://testmem.tz.ru/tm5.rar

yes the new ones yeah ;) 12 13 14 25 ;) @ 2400 stable on tm5 and memtest Ill post those pics for you today of benches and the timings shown in Thaiphoon burner for all :) I am off to work so will post this afternoon. Ill included Aida, memtest,tm5 and I havent ran maxmem but ill get a run just to post :) Cheers definitely stable and on 1.35v using haswell 4940mx in Alien 18

i can post a dump sure. should i post stock dump too or just the spd table that has 2400mhz I have flashed currently only.

Question :))) what should bandwith be for read write and copy on average for 2400mhz in Aida :D

• Thumbs Up 1

• Bios Modder

Question :))) what should bandwith be for read write and copy on average for 2400mhz in Aida :D

For dual channel 2400x8x2=19200x2=38400. I think, with your 4940MX, Aida64 will show around 35000 MB/s for read, around 37000 for write, and around 33000 for copy. :)

Post please, stock dump.

Its actually Hynix H5TC4G83BFR-PDA. I just got my chips today and they are using them in the 2x8gb kit for 2133. It would be something of an interest if he got the H5TC4G83DFR, because they are just engineering samples according to hynix and mine, which I just got yesterday are H5TC4G83BFR.

https://www.skhynix.com/products/computing/computing.jsp?info.ramCategory=computing&info.ramKind=19&info.eol=NOT&posMap=computingDDR3

BTW, my computer has them downclocked to 1600mhz, what do you recommend to get them to 2400 or at least 2133 at 1.35v?

Where you saw that I told that Ivy faster than Haswell? :) We speak only about the memory controler! That the memory controler in Ivy a little faster than in Haswell. Read article more attentively. Quote from article:

"....Yet we can notice that, despite Intel’s efforts, the Haswell’s memory controller is a little slower than the one we had in the previous-generation LGA1155 configurations with Ivy Bridge CPUs. The practical memory bandwidth is almost the same but the Haswell’s memory latency is 9% higher. That’s the tradeoff of the asynchronous design..."

Oh, haha, that didnt quite make sense at the time, but what does the trade off accomplish? It seems haswell is more focused on being power efficient then performance orientated from what ive heard.

Its actually Hynix H5TC4G83BFR-PDA. I just got my chips today and they are using them in the 2x8gb kit for 2133. It would be something of an interest if he got the H5TC4G83DFR, because they are just engineering samples according to hynix and mine which I just got yesterday are H5TC4G83BFR.

https://www.skhynix.com/products/computing/computing.jsp?info.ramCategory=computing&info.ramKind=19&info.eol=NOT&posMap=computingDDR3

BTW, my computer has them downclocked to 1600mhz, what do you recommend to get them to 2400 or at least 2133 at 1.35v?

which HyperX impact kit did you purchase? they have built in speeds and sold at 1600/1866/2133. Me and Mr.Fox flash Ram in a software called Thaiphoon Burner. It took me a long time to get timings working and program the chips to that speed as they are only sold currently as high as 2133mhz. I have 1 16gb kit @2133mhz 2sticks 8gb each. I have another kit 8Gb kit sold at 2133mhz as well 2 sticks 4gb each. 8gb kit is single rank(4 ram chips) and the 16gb sticks are dual rank (8 ram chips on each side). My 16gb kit is HyperX Impact the first revison. My 8gb kit is their second revison of HyperX impact Sodimm. I can say that with only 1.35v and the way these ram are binned... and well how dual rank work that the 4gb sticks are better overclockers the lower density of memory chips allows more headroom to try to get the next bin in ram speed. Making the jump to 2400mhz is harder on those 8gb sticks than the 4gb sticks I have. There would be less heat too all a factor that effect power requirements as you either raise speed or lower the latencies. My 4gb sticks are running 2400mhz pretty tight timings and my 8gb sticks 2133mhz fairly tight timings as well. When you go from single channel to dual channel to quad channel depending on system being used the memory controller may allow less mhz or slower timings only as you raise the channels being used. One may be able to get just a single stick of ram running at a higher speed than what one found stable with two or 4 sticks in dual or quad channel. You benefit more from more channels though in the end since the parallelism in processing allows much more bandwith.

Its actually Hynix H5TC4G83BFR-PDA. I just got my chips today and they are using them in the 2x8gb kit for 2133. It would be something of an interest if he got the H5TC4G83DFR, because they are just engineering samples according to hynix and mine, which I just got yesterday are H5TC4G83BFR.

The Bios may have 1600mhz as the limit. I am not sure if removing all but 2133mhz from the spd table would allow 2133mhz to run in your laptop or not. I am not knowleged on that model or it's bios. After checking the pdf you linked I see you have the 2133 kit at 16gb. 2 sticks of 8gb each. They from my tests can handle 2133mhz on tighter than stock timings only atleast the sticks I had couldn't hit 2400mhz in dual channel stable. They managed 2350mhz just about lol but didnt work out a timing that was just right and I never prefered to leave much of a baseclock adjustment enabled in the bios.

• Bios Modder

Yea, may be you are right! String on the photo does not seems sharp.

• Bios Modder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15100[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15099[/ATTACH]

2400mhz HyperX impact SOdimm @ 1.35v dual channel 2x4gb sticks in Alienware 18 w/4940mx

@Klem @Khenglish @Casowen @Mr. Fox @J95

Nice result! Especially latency. Congrats! But why some strings in Aida64 are empty? And CPU clock has different value in Aida64 and CPU-Z?

Nice result! Especially latency. Congrats! But why some strings in Aida64 are empty? And CPU clock has different value in Aida64 and CPU-Z?

ill try it again lol not sure :) this Aida isnt the most current version i dont own Aida.. those clocks Aida is showing is about the stock mhz without turbo boost. Ill see if I can figure out why that is happening. Have to dig out memtest run and TM5 screen shot too. The aida run was run at 4300mhz cpu. The thaiphoon burner screenshot i think 3600mhz cpu.

lol here trial version @Klem

post-34-14495000199863_thumb.jpg

Heres a picture from my drive, I think im getting hacked now or something, because the image uploader isnt working.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ce92fb2c0f4b555!571&authkey=!AGJjMbKXo2Y6eMI&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Yes its the 16gb kit at 2133 CL11. Im using a dell E6420, which also owns alienware, so I assume there is some capability to do 2133 or 2400? I have the second revision of this model, and heres a single rank review of the current and previous models. HyperX HX321LS11IB2K2/8 Review - HWDb

What do you recommend to get me to 2133 or 2400? Yes its a dell latitude build for reliability over performance, but maybe something like typhoon burner? Im new at this and dont want to screw up anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I just made a new post showing a picture of my chips with the model number on them. This is the first revision using H5TC4G83BFR while the previous uses H5TC4G83MFR

Whats the big deal about removing the serial number?

Heres a picture from my drive, I think im getting hacked now or something, because the image uploader isnt working.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ce92fb2c0f4b555!571&authkey=!AGJjMbKXo2Y6eMI&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

Yes its the 16gb kit at 2133 CL11. Im using a dell E6420, which also owns alienware, so I assume there is some capability to do 2133 or 2400? I have the second revision of this model, and heres a single rank review of the current and previous models. HyperX HX321LS11IB2K2/8 Review - HWDb

What do you recommend to get me to 2133 or 2400? Yes its a dell latitude build for reliability over performance, but maybe something like typhoon burner? Im new at this and dont want to screw up anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I just made a new post showing a picture of my chips with the model number on them. This is the first revision using H5TC4G83BFR while the previous uses H5TC4G83MFR

You would still have to find a way to get the bios to use over 1600mhz. Are there any options in your bios settings maybe allow 1866mhz as mentioned in earlier posts?