Automatic update of kext files

Just had a look, isn't this an error:

<code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Consolas, 'Liberation Mono', Menlo, Courier, monospace; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; background-color: transparent; border-top-left-radius: 3px; border-top-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-left-radius: 3px; word-break: normal; border: 0px; display: inline; line-height: inherit; word-wrap: normal;">sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

Would kill the Nvidia drivers

Should be:

<code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Consolas, 'Liberation Mono', Menlo, Courier, monospace; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; background-color: transparent; border-top-left-radius: 3px; border-top-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-left-radius: 3px; word-break: normal; border: 0px; display: inline; line-height: inherit; word-wrap: normal;">sudo nvram boot-args="</code>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1"</code></pre>

may a silly question:

will this script do the required changes in the 3 kexts if they´re untouched?

Because i´ve do a clean install with Yosemite on my MBP i´ve to change these files, but i think it´s a better way to do this by this way.

Regards

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

Should be:

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1"

Yep, that switches back to OS X default driver. Adding “nvda_drv=1” is preferred so that web driver will be in use after reboot and you don’t have to manually select from the menu.

Hmm, I ran the latest Nvidia update last night. I then ran this script. It noted that 2 of the files had already been patched the first time I ran it.

I ran it again and it said all 3 had been patched.

But when I restarted the one it patched wouldn't load. I repaired permissions but it still wouldn't load.

So, if you try this, make sure to have a "get it back running" plan. The issue may be that I didn't restart and let the kexts become fully installed, etc.

Will try again soon and update.

• 2 weeks later...

<code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Consolas, 'Liberation Mono', Menlo, Courier, monospace; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; background-color: transparent; border-top-left-radius: 3px; border-top-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-left-radius: 3px; word-break: normal; border: 0px; display: inline; line-height: inherit; word-wrap: normal;">sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

Should be:

<code style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Consolas, 'Liberation Mono', Menlo, Courier, monospace; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; background-color: transparent; border-top-left-radius: 3px; border-top-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-right-radius: 3px; border-bottom-left-radius: 3px; word-break: normal; border: 0px; display: inline; line-height: inherit; word-wrap: normal;">sudo nvram boot-args="</code>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1"</code>

Oh I forgot this. thx.

may a silly question:

will this script do the required changes in the 3 kexts if they´re untouched?

Because i´ve do a clean install with Yosemite on my MBP i´ve to change these files, but i think it´s a better way to do this by this way.

Regards

It should, but I've only tested it on my macbook.

Hmm, I ran the latest Nvidia update last night. I then ran this script. It noted that 2 of the files had already been patched the first time I ran it.

I ran it again and it said all 3 had been patched.

But when I restarted the one it patched wouldn't load. I repaired permissions but it still wouldn't load.

So, if you try this, make sure to have a "get it back running" plan. The issue may be that I didn't restart and let the kexts become fully installed, etc.

Will try again soon and update.

Could you send me the file to check what is wrong ?