Help on ASUS G75VW [OVERHEATING PROBLEM]

wamendonesjr

I have tried the following and my laptop still shuts off randomly when playing games:

1. I have already cleaned the fans and parts from dust

2. I have already put brand new Thermal Grease

(I followed the recommend amount found on this picture)

post-35735-14495000019658_thumb.jpg

THINGS I NOTICED:

1. In Safe mode, my laptop does not shutdown randomly

2. My BIOS VERSION : 04.06.05

3. My Core Temps (After Long Use)

post-35735-14495000019787_thumb.jpg

4. Hot Air blowing out of the back exhaust[on the right side] after few minutes of start up (idle)

post-35735-14495000019918_thumb.jpg

SHOULD I UPDATE THE BIOS to this:

http://forum.techinferno.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/2538-%5Bg75vw%5D-modified-bios-vbios-higher-overclocking.html

WILL THIS FIX THE PROBLEM?

It may be bad paste job! You should spread as thin as possible layer on whole crystal not just put a drop in the middle (its works only for PC's) also repast your gpu. Try to use arctic cooling mx4 paste.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

also the paste you are using is generic. Try some of the quality stuff, i believe its called arctic silver with diamond like silver particles. Much more conductive and far better heat transfer.
Also if you have overheated and burned your cpu it may bee too late to go back this behavior is not uncommon to me, however it wont hurt to try and use higher quality paste.

FYI you can drill holes under your fans to further increase cooling capacity. Here is a link for a How TO

a

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

You should check the temperature under load.  Try some benchmark like 3dmark with cpuz and gpuz open,  that will let you check both temperatures GPU and CPU.  If you can post some capture. 

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...