SURVIVAL OPEN WORLD GAMES, Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

DayZ: Standalone firstly was really awesome, but now with slow and not efficient updates it drags everybod away, it even doesn't have zombies anymore. If your PC is not very powerful and you are into army kinda stuff ArmA 2: DayZ mod is way cooler then dayz. Now I'm into ArmA 3 Wastelands mod, really fun and awesome graphics, take look at it.

It seems like a lot of survival games which are multi player can't seem to get game balance sorted and you tend to be forced into doing what everyone else is doing rather than doing your own thing, and there is way too much emphasis on killing whoever you see for no reason at all. None of them seem to prevent the big clans completely screwing over any new groups or individual players.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like DayZ is dying out because they haven't made much progress versus games like Rust that have weekly patches. At least Dean Hall got a payday and peaced out early in development--what a scam. 

• 1 month later...
On 2015-12-14 at 2:51 AM, 5150 Joker said:

It seems like DayZ is dying out because they haven't made much progress versus games like Rust that have weekly patches. At least Dean Hall got a payday and peaced out early in development--what a scam. 

Yea, its true, I don't know what will revive DayZ, biggest scam in game history, it's still not optimized.

Recently I tried Rust, purchased it on sale. You know, it hooked me up pretty bad, really recommended :)

Personally I'm not into this survival thing. I tried to play ARK, DayZ, Rust etc. Rust was nice before they've changed the whole plan and after that none survival game seemed to be that good to me. I even tried Nether and Infestation SS both of which were just awful in my opinion.

So far there is only one title that I am interested in that's some kind of survival game. As much as it isn't massively multiplayer, it's really promising - The Forest. You should check it out. Probably one of best survival games, at least for me. Other than that, I'll recommend a mod on Unreal engine - Stranded II. Fun survival game that has a nice community.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2016 at 0:17 PM, VenGen said:

Personally I'm not into this survival thing. I tried to play ARK, DayZ, Rust etc. Rust was nice before they've changed the whole plan and after that none survival game seemed to be that good to me. I even tried Nether and Infestation SS both of which were just awful in my opinion.

So far there is only one title that I am interested in that's some kind of survival game. As much as it isn't massively multiplayer, it's really promising - The Forest. You should check it out. Probably one of best survival games, at least for me. Other than that, I'll recommend a mod on Unreal engine - Stranded II. Fun survival game that has a nice community.

Friends of mine have Forest and they seem to enjoy it too but sadly its SP and limited. I'm enjoying The Culling, it's a Battle Royale focused game with 2 vs 2 teams and is pretty damn fun. 

Och. Survival should be combined with Horror! That makes perfect combo.

• Open World
  • 24h time mode 
  • No weapons! You should be defenseless, that will push Your brain to think how to survive. Everyone can shoot in panic... Or at least limit it like in Metro Last Light Ranger Mode > Hardcore. Few bullets and use it smart.
  • Good AI. They should be able to stalk and lurking in the shadows. Yes, we should feel them but not see.
  • Skills/professions to keep us with needed resouces.
  • Good sound. It's even more important than graphics. It's all about feelings and emotions. Make us happy or scared. 
  • Good lore & story. But without trailer spoilers etc.. Amnesia Dark Descent was awesome at this point. We should discover it while playing, real progress.
  • First Person for Immersion (point copied from Post1)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2015 at 4:36 AM, shajtan said:

I´ve played H1Z1. A Zombie Survival. Really good game which is matching with many of your points.

Yeah, definitely H1Z1. Plus, they have this 'hunger games' type game mode, which is really fun too :D

• 1 month later...

Rust is really the way to go, even tough they are still updating it is really an awesome game. The possibilities are endless, and i suggest playing it in a group, raiding and stuff is really nice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

for single player, I've tried:

Don't Starve

Stranded

Rimworld

I've watched youtubers playing:

7 days to Die

Left 4 Dead 2

Ark series SOFT, Modded, Scorched

Ghostwolfgames, Deluksgaming, and Blitzkriegsler  got my first few youtube subscriptions for proving some highly entertaining youtube series.

Gotta have something to watch as you spend several hours deconstructing and eating blue crabs. XD

• 8 months later...