SURVIVAL OPEN WORLD GAMES, Anyone?

What is your description of a perfect survival, open world game?

• For me It has to have scavenging and crafting in it

• An Interactive World with vibrant NPC's

• Good Enemy AI with Creative Enemy Concepts

• A Good World Lore should be seen around in the environment

• Good Skill System

• From Any thrilling Genre: Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy

• Good Side Quest and Main Story-lines

• Good Battle mechanics

• First Person for Immersion

Best survival games right now:

Rust - Rust on Steam

PvP, Crafting, Good mechanics after 1.5 years beta stage

Reign of Kings - Reign Of Kings on Steam

Old age fantasy not so old like Rust

Life is Feudal: Your Own - Life is Feudal: Your Own on Steam

Very social and real life simulation

Medieval Engineers - Medieval Engineers on Steam

Build and defend or attacks thats whats goin on in this game :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Unturned looked like it had potential but I've not seen it really take off that much.

It's a bit like a minecraft dayz combo. Run around crafting bits and pieces while surviving a zombie apocalypse, but there aren't many zombies. Graphics are on the low end which could open the game up to more players.

Dying Light is really sweet, combing parkour and survival in an open world overrun with zombies and something even more dangerous during the night. I've started playing it and, so far, I'm impressed. It's smooth and really scary at times.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Lost Alpha is another survival game that I've been playing lately and enjoying a lot. It's a re-work of the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R game with many improvements and additions that make the game a lot more interesting. I recommend it if you've played S.T.A.L.K.E.R and wish it had a bit more depth. And if you haven't played S.T.A.L.K.E.R, then you're in for a nice surprise. And it's free and you don't need the original game.

Dead Rising 3 - Still fun and over the top! Great sense of humor in this zombie survival game.

Wasteland 2 - My favorite these days. An awesome game that reminds me so much of the original Fallout series. Definitely worth playing if you're a survival game fan.

Fallout New Vegas, with several mods installed (i.e. Project Nevada) somehow fits into my description of the perfect open world survival mod as we pretty much have the same criteria. Game developers should take a hint! I'm also looking forward to trying out Dying Light once my new laptop arrives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to recommend the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series to you. There are three parts Shadow of Tchernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripjat. Each of them has its own mods which really make this games to my favourite ones.

Great mods are the complete series for all three games, S.M.R.T.E.R for Call of pripjat or Lost Alpha which is a standalone modification totally free. There are many more mods out there for this awesome game series and more are developed at the moment.

Another great game is Skyrim which also has an enormous amount of mods.

Fallout could be also interesting for you the 4th game of the series will be revealed in Nov 2015

I would like to recommend the Stalker Series to you, there are three games, shadow of tchernobyl, Clear Sky and Call of Pripjat. Each of this comes with it`s own mods, great examples are the complete series for all three games or the SMRTER mod for Call of pripjat. More mods are developed right now.

There is also a standalone modification called lost Alpha which is for free. It is basically a totally reworked Shadow of Tchernobyl

Other great games are Skyrm (with mods) and the Fallout Series (The 4th Part is currently in development and will be releasen in Nov 2015)

Maybe Fonline? Yeah, there is no first person view, but fits other requirments.

It's rly hard to find good survival game, i dont think there are some actually that aren't in early acces.

From single player i can recommend Witcher 3, but there is no first person view.

Fallout New Vegas with tons of mods installed is one of the most fun games I've played in a long time, really like Skyrim to me but with much more customization aspects that the mods make even better.

I would definitely recommend playing it especially if you're planning on getting Fallout 4.

I'm looking for a survival game that can be played in VR, using the Oculus Rift DK2. I think the developers for The Forest were going to add it, but apparently there's so much that needs to be added into that game that VR is a ways off. Does anyone else use Oculus? Any survival game suggestions?

Heroes & Generals is a first-person shooter and strategy video game in a World War II setting. its is a mass participation game, where the actions in the FPS-part of the game reflects into the strategy-part. The main part of the game is a team work, The survival and strategy part action of the game makes it alive and that's what brings it to a whole new level. try it and you just mite like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a lover of this kind of games.. dead island both the first and the second was already two beautiful games , the only flaw the little interaction with the buildings .. are two weeks playing a dying light and I must say that at the time I do not think there is a game of survival function as complete .. the two cities made ​​available are large enough to not get bored quickly .. perfection would be the vastness of the maps to fall out with a theme survivor as dying light .. maybe in the future

I give another vote for ARK: Survival Evolved.

That game is just awesome, and I'm loving it right now. It fits most of the posted requirements, except it completely lacks any sort of story.

Also I hear optimization has improved a lot (only got it a couple of weeks ago), but it is still very poorly optimized. I had dual 880ms and I have to play on the lowest settings (but I bump view distance and textures to max without noticeable drop in framerate). A promised future update to DX12 should fix this issue, as it will enable SLI to work, but it has been severely delayed.

I know a lot of people have said it but Ark: Survival Evolved is possibly one of my favourite games of all time. Every time I go into the game I find something new. The devs are constantly updating it with awesome things. I just recently discovered that you can put one of the smaller dinosaurs that fly's on your shoulder to help you attack. Just amazing.

I would recommend however finding a few friends and playing amongst yourselves on your own server as the official servers arent as enjoyable to play on. There's lots of people who can grief your stuff while you're offline.