OFFICIAL: M14x - Benchmarking Thread

StamatisX

Here is my 3DMARK11 result: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,Alienware M14xR2 score: P3152 3DMarks

3152P. My settings are the following: 1130/2500.. I use my m14xr2 with turbo off all the time and with cm u2 cooler pad. It reduces my gpu and cpu temp more than 4-5C. Playing with farcry3 (ultra settings) after 6 hours, my gpu temp was 57-60, my cores temp were: 60-64. I think it is really good :D

Nice!! Posting works again I see :)

Hi svl7! How can I send my gpu-z log file to you? I didnt find your e-mail address. Im using the official dell a09bios. I stressed my gpu with furmark/3dmark 11 but if u can and have enough time to take a look at, it will be very useful. Im using 1130core and 2500 mem freq (nvidiainspector p0 state). Can I use your a10 unlock bios(m14xR2) or need u any further information?

thanks for your reply!

• 2 weeks later...

I have mine sat at the limits of the "locked" BIOS : techPowerUp GPU-Z Validation emf5s

3Dmark11 score is 2808, I'm on A10 as stock, not sure about flashing the BIOS as I hear it's not simple due to the Windows 8 secure boot rubbish. Card is completely stable at these speeds though!

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,Alienware M14xR2 score: P2808 3DMarks

• 2 weeks later...
what on earth is up with the links? every time I try to open the links for the scores it sends me to the smilies lol

Hey, what's up? Haven't seen you on in quite a while! You're right... links are messed up, might have happened during one of the forum updates. Should be fixable.

Edit: Or the benchmark section might have got removed...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah haven't been on ina while, just been working way to much for the past year or so building up my career some more. Actually sold my 14x this last weekend and picked up an uber cheap MSI GT60, now time to flash the bios and let the benchmarks rip to see if I'll keep it or not.

• 1 month later...

Hardware:

Alienware M14X R2

i7 3740 QM

Nvidia GT 650M 2GB DDR5

16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance RAM (2 DIMMS)

Running on Windows 8 64 bit

-------------------------------

My problem is that when I run some games such as Borderlands 2, I have great FPS about 50-60 at all times and my GPU temp NEVER goes above 67 degrees celsius. My GPU usage will go up and stay at 99% most of the time during gameplay and my fps will randomly drop to like 6-10 fps for a few seconds almost like lag, then it will rise back up to the regular 50-60 fps. and 5-10 min later it will drop again to a low fps. Quite a few games do this and idk why. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and i have Antialiasing on to save GPU power. I have PhysX set to Auto (i have tried switching to see if it makes a difference). I have my card currently overclocked to the best it could be +200 to the core clock, and +800 to the memory clock for a total of 1150 Mhz Core Clock and 2800 Mhz memory clock. I have used 3d Mark to get to this clock. My physics score seems to be low compared to my graphics score which concerns me.

Here is my 3d mark score: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3740QM Processor,Alienware M14xR2 score: P12206 3DMarks

Please help, is it my physics score that is the problem, if so why am i having physics problems when i have a new 3rd gen i7 with 16GB ram?

My GPU temp never goes above 68 celcius and my cpu never goes above 89 or 90 celcius

Ask Google about "BD PROCHOT" and "M14xR2".

Also: http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m14x/1787-%5Bm14x-r2%5D-vbios-mod-higher-boost-clocks-test-versions-only-28.html#post42906

Not saying that it definitely is a GPU thermal throttle but it sure looks like it.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

After most games being unplayable I opened the system up and repasted with liquid metal. Now i'm seeing sometimes 7x my FPS in some games. Cod4 went from the 20's o well over 100 FPS, rocket league went from single digits to playable in the 40's etc. Highly recommended.

Just trying to find a good download for the updated a08 bios with the SATA mod so I can access the performance options. 

• Thumbs Up 1