OFFICIAL: M14x - Benchmarking Thread

StamatisX

2100 :chuncky:

but you probably meant this :)

I can't wait to see a P2200+ score (or whatever is possible) with the 3gb GT555m from i22o8g!

//Edit//

I can not go over 1300 mhz for Memory Clock. Even if it is only 1301 mhz, I immediatly get an error message. i22o8g, can you test if you can increase the memory clock (only) and see if you can go over 1300 mhz?

As for the shader clock, there seems to be a little more possible, but since it is already very unstable, I am not going to force more out of it.

Edited by Nekojin

2100 :chuncky:

but you probably meant this :)

I can't wait to see a P2200+ score (or whatever is possible) with the 3gb GT555m from i22o8g!

//Edit//

I can not go over 1300 mhz for Memory Clock. Even if it is only 1301 mhz, I immediatly get an error message. i22o8g, can you test if you can increase the memory clock (only) and see if you can go over 1300 mhz?

As for the shader clock, there seems to be a little more possible, but since it is already very unstable, I am not going to force more out of it.

I can't go over 1300 either.. I get an error message.. I think it's possible to score 2200+; give me about a week and I'll have an update.

Hmm, this with the memory clock might be a software issue, maybe it would work with a modified VBIOS, but then the system would be running at these clocks all the time (in 3d mode).

I could check whether it's possible to make a highly overclocked vbios for benching, but since I don't have a system to test it myself I don't really want to mess with the vbios too much, I hate it when I accidentally mess up someones system.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI, been following the thread, and managed to crack 2027 myself, seems to become seriously unstable after 850 mhz, but 846 is ok, weird.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2820QM Processor,Alienware M14xR1 score: P2027 3DMarks

i7-2820QM, GT555 (3GB), 8GB Hyundai Ram

Shall keep playing!

Cheers,

Jody

• Thumbs Up 2

Awesome score!! It's oveeeer 2000!!!! Hahaha, love it how far the M14x is getting pushed, excellent work! 846MHz is an insane overclock, you got an awesome card!!

You can submit your benchmark to our database, should get you one of the top spots in the M14x section. See here: http://forum.techinferno.com/misc.php?do=forms

Yea, I was quite impressed myself!

And managed last night to push it to 860mhz, but wasn't stable for more than about 10 minutes, will tear the thing apart when my new arctic silver comes - To note, the laptop is totally stock apart from a reinstall atm.

Managed to run a few more benches and got 2062, which puts me second behind nekojin Soon, first place will be mine, muhahaha (cough) - NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-2820QM Processor,Alienware M14xR1 score: P2062 3DMarks

My memory is letting me down, I think I could squeeze another 100 marks out of it If I could clock the memory, but EVGA won't let me push it past 1080mhz, I note that people having been pushin up to 1300mhz, but I can't find how they were doign it, every program I download doesn't work on 64 bit vista, Riva Tuner, ATi tune etc?

Any sugestions?

Also, i don't supose there is anyway to clock the processor any faster, I mean the updated bios allows me to push from 98 - 103, but its still not a lot? I see there are two diff versions, the QM and the XM, I assume the XM allows alot more headroom for OC over the QM?

I put up the benches in the table for all to see, I also note that I am one of the few with the 3gb card, it seems to make sod all difference! Also, I'm the only one wiht the 2820QM, seems odd to me... as its techincally the faster processor?

Thanks,

j

Edited by tofts
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good work!! Try Nvidia Inspector, that's probably the best tool for Nvidia cards atm.

About the CPU, you can't really overclock your 2820QM (besides a very small base clock increase in the BIOS), but what you can do is trying to optimize the TDP settings to maximize the time you get turbo boost, I think there are some options there in the unlocked BIOS, but I haven't got an M14x so I can't really give you precise instructions for this. There's a post somewhere here which explains some of the possibilities.

• Thumbs Up 2

Awesome score!! It's oveeeer 2000!!!! Hahaha, love it how far the M14x is getting pushed, excellent work! 846MHz is an insane overclock, you got an awesome card!!

You can submit your benchmark to our database, should get you one of the top spots in the M14x section. See here: http://forum.techinferno.com/misc.php?do=forms

I tried to increase my clock to 875. It worked but the score I got was "only" 2084, so I guess the new drivers limit the score you get. With the older driver I got 2115 with 874mhz

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

well, the gpu score doesn't have anything to do with the cpu ;) it's because your card runs at +350 bclock, while mine won't go past 327 :)

- - - Updated - - -

this is the highest gpu score i was able to get. atm ^^ http://3dmark.com/3dmv/4197939

and this is my highest score so far. atm ^^ haha http://3dmark.com/3dmv/4197969

lol, right after i wrote it and walked away i was thinking just that ^^ i did disable turbo on my m17x-r4 once and gpu score dropped waaay down! ;)

Yeh thats why i was asking why you got the worse GPU score. What can be the differences between the same specc GPU to another? Heat is definetly not the problem. Specially not from the GPU. And CPU never went past 83 C with highest OC.

Any ideas someone?