Asus G750 Series GPU upgrade!

code9523

I replaced my g750js motherboard with a jm but my 870m gpu drivers dont work. exclaimation and when i reinstall -

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Driver is not intended for this platform.

having a look at flashing js bios but not too sure.

has anybody been able to get the 870m working on jm?

On 9/2/2020 at 7:27 AM, GabrielSG said:

Hi, you should replace the bios in order for the gpu to work.

do you mean flash a js bios and you think it'll work? my jm board has written on it g750js rev 2.0 same as my original js but has an extra ssd next to hdd port.

cheers for reply  ;¬)

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2018 at 2:24 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

For creating mod bios for you, i need your file backup of bios from your laptop.

For creating backup of bios use attached program. Extract  attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me that archive "results" or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

What is to be edited in the bios to make the card work ?

is there any specific section for the vbios ?

I have g750jm with pre installed gtx765m not working at all, same issue that it displays as Primary adapter under device manager. However the board has physical imprint of g750j yet the bios is of g750jm

• 6 months later...

Hello, can you share with me the modded bios for ASUS ROG G750JM and ASUS ROG G750JS, I have the GPU GTX870M and bought a Motherboard from Aliexpress but does not recongnize the GPU, the motherboard says G750JM in one place and G750JS in other place so I am not sure which it is, just want to make my GPU to work again.

I will be very grateful if you help me!!! thanks in advance!

Edited by rodstring
mistake

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Olá pessoal, meu nome é Ryn. Comprei uma GTX 780m para meu G750 JW mas não sabia que o dissipador do JW não era igual ao do JH. I bought the heatsink from the same seller as the GPU 780, but now I have doubts, can I test the card without the heatsink just to see if it looks like the image? When we add the gpu does it give an image immediately or not? I have these doubts because I haven't tested the board yet because I haven't received the heatsink yet and I'm afraid if I end up burning it, can you help me?

Edited by Ryn