Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

That graphic score looks about right for that clock.

@svl7 did you find any specific way to reduce throttling with a DELL 7970m? If I push CPU overclock any higher the combined test will throttle heavily.

Far Cry 3 also experiences heavy GPU throttling when CPU is overclocked. Pretty sure the undervolt on 7970m doesn't make much difference other than lower temperatures.

Holy @#$% Very Nice GPU score there SvI7. Crazy!! Looks like the prime cherry picked 880 chips can go further than 780.. I ended up getting 780M,s coz i don't wanna wait for 880M,s and the bugs to be resolved ect.. lol

How did you run x29 multiplier? That wasn't across 4 cores was it? Is that with over volt mod?

Very impressive graphics score.

Sent from my One S running 4.4.2

Very nice ! So the 880M seems to be optimized to go higher in clock... how about the gpu voltage @ 1243 ?

That is a delicious score! How much extra voltage you on here? I am on +160mv and find 27x across all cores 100% stable for all games. 28x is nearly stable but not 100%.

Anyway I am hot on your tail. I have the cooling now to keep everything cool. When I have time I will try to get VID 2 to ground to boost another +50m. If I am lucky I will then be running 29x/30/31/32. All I need then is a new GPU to catch up with you :D Perhaps m295X can accommodate me haha

This laptop has so much life left in it!

Thanks. That was on at least +200mV, can't remember, might as well have been +300mV. That wasn't really the limit though, I was busy with pushing the GPU.

I am hot on your tail.

Well, then let me see a score :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks. That was on at least +200mV, can't remember, might as well have been +300mV. That wasn't really the limit though, I was busy with pushing the GPU.

Well, then let me see a score :P

I would like to see what my new score would be but I cannot get 3D mark 11 basic edition to work. Even the latest version tells me it is not the latest version and then will not connect to show me the score. I am loath to buy the software. What could be wrong here. I can't find any useful troubleshooting tips. SVL7 any ideas?

Never an issue like that, even when using the free version. I'd suggest uninstall 3dm11 and the systeminfo stuff and try again.

Never an issue like that, even when using the free version. I'd suggest uninstall 3dm11 and the systeminfo stuff and try again.

I tried that and still get this message at the end of the test. Plus the program tells me there is a newer version... which there is isn't

No application is associated with the specified file for this operation

(connection_to_3dmark_com_failed)

You must have some issue with your installation, it doesn't matter which 3dm11 version you use as long as you have a valid sys info version.

"No application is associated..." means that you don't have any entry in your default browser list .

How do I fix this man? Uninstalled both sys info and 3dmark11 and then downloading and reinstalling does not help!

On the go from my iPod touch

I don't know... usually I just just system restore when I have such issues, or get back to a working image. If you don't have those options - reinstall.

Also check your .NET installation. Since it seems to be linked to a file association issue you could also try ccleaner after uninstalling / before reinstalling 3dm11. Run it until it doesn't come up with conflicts anymore.

I had the same but when i updated the nvidia drivers everything worked again.

How do I fix this man? Uninstalled both sys info and 3dmark11 and then downloading and reinstalling does not help!

On the go from my iPod touch

Guess you went of the charts, 3dmark cant keep up with you.......hahaha.........nice pic

My highscore so far. (M15x & 970m):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13553[/ATTACH]

That was only the GPU tests, look at the GPU score.

Owww right i see dint know you could only test gpu benefits of advance version i gues than. Very nice score i won't match that one.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Soapy
      I reversed the input polarity on my m15x jack after a botched psu repair. Computer worked fine, but overall power control is messed up. System only boot on both battery and psu, no battery charge, and a very low battery drain (arround 6wh).

I aways had battery issues whith my 8 years old m15x after my original battery died. Bought a new one two years ago, didn't work. Checked on upower, basically no info on manufacturer, power or history. So i refunded and used the system hooked on the psu as usual. In August i bought a new one, worked flawlessly for a day. The next day the battery died from nowere. Checked upower, bus was ok, battery was charging extremely slowly (6wh), history showed subpar disharge before shutting down. I got mad at this point, decided that psu was to blame. Opened it, checked everything, noticed some wear on the male jack. Resoldered it, connected on computer. Nothing happened, so i checked the voltage. That's when i realised that i screwed up big time. I swaped the positive and negative wires. Decided that one mistake was enough, so i sent my m15x to a trusted repair shop (latter found that they just hooked the battery and gave me back as soon as it booted, they didnt even open it). Got my pc a week later, but the battery didn't charge . Worse, it was slowly discharging (same 6wh as before), and it needed both the psu and the battery to turn on. At 65%, it worked as usual for my college semester, but the battery is dead, and so is my computer. I bellieve i burned some voltage controller or something. I'm pretty competent at soldering thing's (evem smd components) when i know what to do, and i can understand simple circuit's, but when i got my hands on the m15x datasheet i got overblown. I cant make heads or tails about it. I aways lurked this forum and i bellieve your guys are the best when it comes to finding creative solutions to technical problems concerning microelectronics. I followed a guide in this forum as a teenager to upgrade this same computer to a gtx680m, overclocked stuff, got custom bios, and had a lot of fun learning. The m15x is a deprecated platform, but it's a part of my history that i dont want to let go.
      So please guys, help me.

• By Lyency
      bonjour, je souhaiterai unlock mon bios A15 de mon alienware m17x r4 . pouvez vous m'aider?
      je possède l'unlock A14 est il compatible avec le bios A15?
    • By learnfromit
      alienware 15 r2 970m with i7-6700hq vbios request so i can overclock and mess with voltage.

BIOS version backup made with techpowerup GPU-z.

GM204.rom

or can someone re direct me to one already made that will work? all links i find are dead, thanks.

• By Terriikk
      Hey guys, I have an Alienware m14x R2, and I have been trying to get access to the BIOS so that I can change the boot options (Everything is locked, I am unsure if someone set a password of if these are locked by default).I've tried updating the BIOS, and resetting the CMOS and nothing has changed this. Would anyone know if there are other options I can explore? Thank you. 
    • By danger007
      Well I am back, sort of.

Reminder of Stats
      *Alienware M17x R4 (bought June 2012) w/ Intel i7 3720QM@2.6ghz (Ivy Bridge) including the igpu Intel 4000 HD series
      8GB Ram, 17 Inch, SoundBlaster software only Recon 3DI, and the normal stuff that comes with it
      *Graphics Card:  Originally shipped 660m, upgraded to 7970m, 7970m died early, with community help moved to MSI 4GB 680M (flashed to Dell thanks to @svl7) and installed I think 314.xx drivers with help from many (sorry can't remember everyone but notable was @J95), was running 7970m in whatever they called their hybrid drivers, the 680m is run in Optimus)
      *Storage:  Msata 1tb Samsung 850 Evo, 2 Hitachi 1TB 7200 rpm 2.5" drives (yes I used all 3 GB or will)

So what will you read.  What got me started on this project and then using all the resources on the net, from @J95 and legions of others I owe all credit for the project too.  Please note I take no credit, take no rights, this is simply something to help others out based on working with what has already been laid down for us.   Installing the latest Nvidia 417.67 mobile/notebook drivers for a 680m for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 on Alienware M17x R4

When I got things up and running back in 2016/2017 with the noted people above I saw a new driver and with the STO game having a driver issue I upgraded to it.  Now I didn't notice anything wrong, the game worked and so paid no attention.  When I started to get unable to eject 680m error messages I thought great who got this, ejecting a gpu, wrong.  I then tried the uninstall Intel, Nvidia, use DDU in Safe Mode, disable AV/Firewall, disable driver enforcement, etc then reinstall intel, nvidia (removing certain folders) with the modified inf but now the game said it couldn't find any feature set and wouldn't let me play.  Finally removing the Nvidia drivers allowed at least the iGPU to run the game.  Used Unigine Heaven 4.0 to encounter more errors with Nvidia.

I moved back to my msata install of windows 7 that I haven't had a chance to work on since 2017 (i know pathetic) that only had system drivers, expired Norton, and not yet registered/activation.  Seems fine.  Tried to run Heaven, same error.  Well after 3 days of trying to duplicate what I had been instructed to do, I finally sat down with a nice big bottle of Fiji Water (courtesy of lovely lady at the Oscars in almost every background pic) and decided I was determined to fix things.   I downloaded the 419.67, copied the nv_dispi.inf & nvdmi.inf to get to work.  After reading the content and using comparisons once again from the noted individuals and the legions of other, I had them modified and decided to give it a try on the clean win 7 install from 2 years ago.  After the uninstall, ddu, deleting folders, copying mod. inf to their directory (also included the change to setup.cfg - credit once again goes to individuals like @J95), gyrxiur, DeathAngel , creator of Notepad++, sora and many others) I was able to launch the Heaven 4.0 Benchmark.  So I am assuming that I have the new 419.67 working on my system.  I did a benchmark of the 680m in 419.67 with unigine Heaven 4 to go with the files I am posting.  Please note the bios was provided by I believe @svl7 (sorry if I got wrong person) and no overclocking of it other than what the changed vbios did.

I am attaching below the following:
      Nvidia 419.67 modified inf and config - nvdmi.inf, nv_dispi.inf, setup.cfg (no credit to me all credit belongs to others)
      The Unigine benchmark results (txt file).

Now the shortened legalize warning
      Please remember you are to take all risk when using modified inf files, I take no responsibility (no virus or other dildrus included) if they don't work with your GPU.  The usual.

This was tested and used on Alienware M17x R4 running the last bios they released A12 or A13 and so it the system bios is not modified at all, the card is a MSI 680m 4Gb flashed vbios to Dell 680m 4GB, and installed in Windows 7 64bit Service Pack 1.  Hopefully if you have only a different card you can make any minor adjustments you need to.  

Please let me know how they work.  I will also be reporting back on the reinstall on my other laptop install I use to play Neverwinter/ Star Trek Online - was suppose to be a temp solution till new install was finished, and if they worked on it as well.
      Alienware M17x R4 680m 419.67 Mod Inf and Setup and Heaven 4 Benchmark.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.