@svl7 did you find any specific way to reduce throttling with a DELL 7970m? If I push CPU overclock any higher the combined test will throttle heavily.

Far Cry 3 also experiences heavy GPU throttling when CPU is overclocked. Pretty sure the undervolt on 7970m doesn't make much difference other than lower temperatures.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That is a delicious score! How much extra voltage you on here? I am on +160mv and find 27x across all cores 100% stable for all games. 28x is nearly stable but not 100%.

Anyway I am hot on your tail. I have the cooling now to keep everything cool. When I have time I will try to get VID 2 to ground to boost another +50m. If I am lucky I will then be running 29x/30/31/32. All I need then is a new GPU to catch up with you :D Perhaps m295X can accommodate me haha

This laptop has so much life left in it!

Thanks. That was on at least +200mV, can't remember, might as well have been +300mV. That wasn't really the limit though, I was busy with pushing the GPU.

I am hot on your tail.

Well, then let me see a score :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks. That was on at least +200mV, can't remember, might as well have been +300mV. That wasn't really the limit though, I was busy with pushing the GPU.

Well, then let me see a score :P

I would like to see what my new score would be but I cannot get 3D mark 11 basic edition to work. Even the latest version tells me it is not the latest version and then will not connect to show me the score. I am loath to buy the software. What could be wrong here. I can't find any useful troubleshooting tips. SVL7 any ideas?

Never an issue like that, even when using the free version. I'd suggest uninstall 3dm11 and the systeminfo stuff and try again.

I tried that and still get this message at the end of the test. Plus the program tells me there is a newer version... which there is isn't

No application is associated with the specified file for this operation

(connection_to_3dmark_com_failed)

You must have some issue with your installation, it doesn't matter which 3dm11 version you use as long as you have a valid sys info version.

"No application is associated..." means that you don't have any entry in your default browser list .

I don't know... usually I just just system restore when I have such issues, or get back to a working image. If you don't have those options - reinstall.

Also check your .NET installation. Since it seems to be linked to a file association issue you could also try ccleaner after uninstalling / before reinstalling 3dm11. Run it until it doesn't come up with conflicts anymore.

• 5 months later...