Clevo from Xotic PC

CodeX96

Anyone had issues with Clevos purchased via Xotic PC? Two issues I have had with mine are random black screens when booting up on only battery power, and the battery wearing down really fast. [1 year later and already at 64% Wear]

Other minor nuisance was never obtaining software that was supposed to come with it for free, such as a game and an art program.

• 3 weeks later...

I have purchased two clevo models from Xoticpc and have had close to no issues. By close I mean that I had to work quite a bit to get an issue resolved when there was a clear problem with my second system but in the end it was resolved. As far as the battery is concerned are you leaving the system plugged in 24/7 or are you using it on battery regularly? I know my battery wore down really fast on my first system but I try to take it out when it is docked on my current system and the battery seems to hold much better.

Have you tried contacting them about the missing software? They seemed quite honest and trustworthy when I made business with Xoticpc but things might have changed since then (it was in 2012 last time).

tl;dr: My experience with Xoticpc is that they are very professional and trustworthy but they do sometimes sell certain models that have known issues or hardware configurations that are not really compatible. I have learned it the hard way when I bought my P170em with 7970m and the gpu usage was stuck at 25% while my games were running at 20 fps. Quite happy with my 680m now though and the same system.

I have had two issues with my P170SM-A purchased in March, 2014. I use this every day for business in not-so-nice industrial environments. It has served me well.

1) Keyboard backlight failed. Contacted XoticPC and they got me in touch with Sager. They promptly shipped a replacement keyboard with a return shipping label. I replaced the keyboard myself instead of returning the whole laptop for repair (my choice). The whole issue was resolved in a timely manner with no issues.

2) My 1TB mSATA EVO 840 died. I am still dealing with this so I will let you know.

I did not get the software (game) as advertised. There was a limited time and that time had passed by the time the laptop shipped to me. The key here is when it shipped. I had some extra stuff done that delayed shipping which bumped me out of the free game.

• 2 weeks later...

The EVO 840 started working again. During my internet digging I found a similar issue with the Crucial M4. It looks like for some reason that removing all power from the system restores functionality. For the system with the M4 removing a/c power and battery did the trick. I moved my EVO 840 to a different laptop and it worked. So I put it back in my Sager.

For clarification, by "stopped working" means that I could see the drive in BIOS, but Win 7 could not. It was as if the drive was not installed. When I tried to reinstall the OS the drive was sometimes briefly visible then it would disappear. Very strange. I have been using it for the past week with no issues.

I have had this drive since March of 2014, use it for long hours every day. It reports 1% wear.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

High heat in your environment wears the battery more. I have had serious battery wear in all my laptops (I've had about four in my life) and most other people, even with the same model, have not had such issues. My D900F was actually as bad as 98% wear in 1 year.

Eh... I was talking about SSD wear, but I get your point on the battery. :)

I was referring to his original point about his battery being at 64% wear after 1 year XD.

I know about you and your 840 Evo issues. I've tried so hard to get people to buy things OTHER than that XD

I was referring to his original point about his battery being at 64% wear after 1 year XD.

I know about you and your 840 Evo issues. I've tried so hard to get people to buy things OTHER than that XD

Yes you were. Sorry for my confusion brother. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would contact Xotic about your battery I saw a post some where else where someone had this same problem and someone from Xotic said if the battery wear is such and such after such and such time they will replace it via the warranty so send them an email and see what they have to say it sure couldn't hurt anything Good Luck!

Email Xotic I have seen this subject about battery wear on NBR one of the xotic pc employee's said if you have such and such wear in such and such time frame then they will replace the battery because it is covered in the warranty so hopefully you got more than the 1yr warranty like EVERYONE should do when buying an expensive machine like this :) so yah email them and find out if they will replace if, also please keep us updated as it would be nice to know what amount of battery wear qualifies for a new battery under the warranty GOOD luck!