Temperatures and results with a new 980M?

menko2

Hi.

I just installed and ran some benchmarks with the new graphic card with PREMA VBIOS.

My temps with the 680M while running 3DMARK11 were

45°C at idle. 70°C the hottest.

With the 980m the temps are

50°C at idle. 75°C the hottest.

I used in both the IC7Diamond and fujipoly extreme pads.

The results of the 3DMARK11 are:

P10400

X4240

CLEVO P170EM, 3740QM, SSD SAMSUNG 840 PRO, 16GB RAM, 980M.

Just a couple questions:

Is its normal the 980m runs hotter?

The results are ok for my setup?

Thank you

Menko2, as an early user I think some of those oc results might be from yourself :D Try slowly upping core first, find max and then come down a bit (20-30mhz) and start upping memory. You will find more benefit (significant fps increase) with core-speed increases, but, go slowly. You need to balance your power-supply with overclock before system auto throttles due to heat or shuts-down power-supply.

Also, don't forget you can also down-clock memory for higher core clock-speeds for maximum scores.

• Thumbs Up 1

How much is the average overclock for the 980M and the memory?

These cards max out at around 1500Mhz +-50Mhz (1.2v / core and vRAM)...most should be able to handle 1300-1400Mhz. :)

• 2 weeks later...
These cards max out at around 1500Mhz +-50Mhz (1.2v / core and vRAM)...most should be able to handle 1300-1400Mhz. :)

Prema, will I need a better PSU to overclock properly the 980m?

My PSU is the stock with P170EM with 220w.

Thank you

my 980m in the p650sg is around 75 playing Witcher 3 it has yet to clear 75 when I play for extended periods of time, I hate nvidia for blocking overclocking in their drivers. Really don't see a point to doing that