G-sync for 980M?

Hi.

I read about the Asus driver that allowed G-sync for the laptop.

Do we have any update about it?

I hope we can get it to work or to officially get it done by nvidia-optimus compabilty.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Its a driver feature that theoretically works with all eDP screens (on non-optimus systems that is). The problem is NVIDIA is selling g-sync licenses (same they did for internal 3D, which killed it for GTX9 because no OEM bought it), which are then put into BIOS to allow the driver to enable it only on select internal screens.

Clevos P7xxZM series is soon to get special BIOS for this...

Its a driver feature that theoretically works with all eDP screens (on non-optimus systems that is). The problem is NVIDIA is selling g-sync licenses (same they did for internal 3D, which killed it for GTX9 because no OEM bought it), which are then put into BIOS to allow the driver to enable it only on select internal screens.

Will the owners of the Clevo P170EM get this feature?

Gsync is the only thing I'm missing in my laptop.

It can not work on Optimus systems, it will not work on LVDS screens and they will not be purchasing a license for an EOL system.

So nope.

I used the leaked GSYNC driver on my Asus G571JY and it works really well. Everything was ridiculously smooth. Beyond anything I have ever experienced. The only problem was that in Arma 3 when I would dip below 20fps the screen would blank and there is no frame doubler module (or whatever) with the actual GSYNC module.

Only the Clevos P7xxZM will get gsync? Is it done just through Bios?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, BIOS contains a per screen license (cookie). G-Sync only works on non-Optimus systems...

• 1 month later...

HI PREMA!!!

i'm your really fans in china...err my english is poor,

My laptop is p750zm,screen is samsung pls,,,I've already flash the p750zm-g bios (1.03.04 B0304-G.zip)to my

p750zm, but cant open g-sync,,,

so,my question is, if i use p750zm-g LG ips screen, could open the g-sync?

how should i do to open the g-sync?

thank you very very very much!!!

Flashing (v)BIOS won't help. You also need to purchase a g-sync GTX980M MXM card.

Hardware (resistor-ID) is different between g-sync and regular MXM board (same as with Quadro cards).

• 2 months later...
Flashing (v)BIOS won't help. You also need to purchase a g-sync GTX980M MXM card.

Hardware (resistor-ID) is different between g-sync and regular MXM board (same as with Quadro cards).

Hey Prema. So, as for ASUS G751, is there a way to mod bios ? I've tried the Alpha driver that leaked a while ago but the issue is that its a older driver and I'd like to have the newer once because of performance in some games. Also the screen is 75Hz on JT model