17" Acer V3-771G + GTX980Ti@4Gbps-mPCIe2 (EXP GDC Beast) + Win7/64 [rgpu]

rgpu

You do not have to do the booting via option 3 every time. Just ensure your startup.bat contains the following, which you can hand enter by booting Setup 1.30 -> menu-based -> startup.bat->Edit

call speedup lbacache
call iport dGPU off
call vidwait 60
if NOT '%eGPU%'=='' goto OS
call wait_e 60 "eGPU not found!!"

:OS
call chainload MBR

As for your problem with bootup stalling refer to the following thread that explains how to bypass BIOS detection of the eGPU: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/11393-mpcie-egpu-troubleshooting-steps.html

The CLKRUN/PERST delay functions are independent of the ATX PSU being permanently on.

Well i tried that already too. and even with test of "startup.bat". but it wont work because he don't save everything at option 3 that I change (he save thhe Gen2 and the disable of the dGpu but the other things like:

1) disable the bridges.

2) and compact igpu+eGpu

3) and ignore dgpu

he dont save and i think without those things, i get or error 12 or error 43 (its randomly - dont know even why :S)

I will take a look at the guide that u sent. ---> Well i dont have any of this problem but i think iam under the catgory of the Black Screen ppl.

"Getting a black bootup screen

Here the BIOS doesn't know what to do when it sees an eGPU. So the solution is to not let the BIOS see it. Do that by setting the delays on the eGPU adapter (CTD/PTD - EXP GDC or CLKRUN/PERST# on PE4L/PE4C). Boot with eGPU adapter in the wifi slot into Setup 1.30 or Windows. Is the eGPU detected?"

Well as i said the adapter its not that big help (sadly) because its directly conacted as u advise me before (alwys on) --> http://imgur.com/a/A9dfc

and if i move the delay but it won't react because the atx cable is not plugged with the cable of the adapter. look at picture.

Thanks

Well i tried that already too. and even with test of "startup.bat". but it wont work because he don't save everything at option 3 that I change (he save thhe Gen2 and the disable of the dGpu but the other things like:

1) disable the bridges.

2) and compact igpu+eGpu

3) and ignore dgpu

he dont save and i think without those things, i get or error 12 or error 43 (its randomly - dont know even why :S)

I will take a look at the guide that u sent.

Thanks

When you run a PCI compaction it will automatically add a 'call pci' to your startup.bat. It's saved there already! If you change chainloader->mode it's automatically updated in the startup.bat. Any other menu functions need to have F3 hit after then to add them to startup.bat, as shown at the bottom status bar "F3 - !Save". Eg: if you do a PCIe Ports->Gen2, then hit F3 after the command to add it to your startup.bat.

Then when you boot Setup 1.30, just select the default "Automatic startup via startup.bat" to re-run all the set of commands you've saved in startup.bat.

When you run a PCI compaction it will automatically add a 'call pci' to your startup.bat. It's saved there already! If you change chainloader->mode it's automatically updated in the startup.bat. Any other menu functions need to have F3 hit after then to add them to startup.bat, as shown at the bottom status bar "F3 - !Save". Eg: if you do a PCIe Ports->Gen2, then hit F3 after the command to add it to your startup.bat.

Then when you boot Setup 1.30, just select the default "Automatic startup via startup.bat" to re-run all the set of commands you've saved in startup.bat.

Yea I am already doing this, but i didn't know that he auto save the PCI compaction automatically because he don't even ask to push F3 when i change things there like as i said before ( bridges and compact things...).

I just Edit the post before. look at my Boot.

"The CLKRUN/PERST delay functions are independent of the ATX PSU being permanently on." --> yea, sry i didnt mean the PSU i meant my Graphiccard. http://imgur.com/a/A9dfc

Yea I am already doing this, but i didn't know that he auto save the PCI compaction automatically because he don't even ask to push F3 when i change things there like as i said before ( bridges and compact things...).

"The CLKRUN/PERST delay functions are independent of the ATX PSU being permanently on." --> yea, sry i didnt mean the PSU i meant my Graphiccard. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

See if the pin22 mPCIe slot isolation trick allows you to use the eGPU without permanently wiring the ATX PSU through: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/11393-mpcie-egpu-troubleshooting-steps.html#post149873

You do not have to do the booting via option 3 every time. Just ensure your startup.bat contains the following, which you can hand enter by booting Setup 1.30 -> menu-based -> startup.bat->Edit

call speedup lbacache
call iport dGPU off
call vidwait 60
call wait_e 5 "eGPU not found!!"

call chainload MBR

As for your problem with bootup stalling refer to the following thread that explains how to bypass BIOS detection of the eGPU: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/11393-mpcie-egpu-troubleshooting-steps.html

The CTD/PTD delay functions are independent of the ATX PSU being permanently on.

1) disable the bridges.

2) and compact igpu+eGpu

3) and ignore dgpu

I will take a look at the guide that u sent. ---> Well i dont have any of this problem but i think iam under the catgory of the Black Screen ppl.

"Getting a black bootup screen

Here the BIOS doesn't know what to do when it sees an eGPU. So the solution is to not let the BIOS see it. Do that by setting the delays on the eGPU adapter (CTD/PTD - EXP GDC or CLKRUN/PERST# on PE4L/PE4C). Boot with eGPU adapter in the wifi slot into Setup 1.30 or Windows. Is the eGPU detected?"

Well as i said the adapter its not that big help (sadly) because its directly conacted as u advise me before (alwys on) --> Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

and if i move the delay but it won't react because the atx cable is not plugged with the cable of the adapter. look at picture.

Thanks

"The CLKRUN/PERST delay functions are independent of the ATX PSUbeing permanently on." --> yea, sry i didnt mean the PSU i meant my Graphiccard. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

And when i do that through startup when should i plug my eGpu at the main Screen of DIY-eGPU?

it won't work because at the moment when i click F5 there(When I replace the WiFi card with my eGPU), he will take me to MS-DOS. and I can't do there anything. --> so as a result at the end, I must enter the option 3 at the DIY-eGPU menu cause i need to DETECT my eGPU.

anyway Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

See if the pin22 mPCIe slot isolation trick allows you to use the eGPU without permanently wiring the ATX PSU through: http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/11393-mpcie-egpu-troubleshooting-steps.html#post149873

can u explain more please.

"However, right now you might also come up with the solution yourself. If we simply put a small piece of electric tape, on line 22on the bottom side (PCI Express Mini Card (Mini PCIe) pinout diagram @ pinoutsguide.com) of the mPCIe connector, which blocks motherboard's PERST# signal. We can successfully enable PE4C's PERST# delay circuit. Then, pick a combination that CLKREQ# will goes down before PERST# raise up, you are done! Now the GPU would be detected automatically upon boot without any hot plugging!"

LIKE THIS :

http://i.imgur.com/2xMxub1.jpg

Thanks

And when i do that through startup when should i plug my eGpu at the main Screen of DIY-eGPU?

it won't work because at the moment when i click F5 there(When I replace the WiFi card with my eGPU), he will take me to MS-DOS. and I can't do there anything. --> so as a result at the end, I must enter the option 3 at the DIY-eGPU menu cause i need to DETECT my eGPU.

Because you probably have a NVidia dGPU, ensure that you have a 'call iport dGPU off' command before 'call vidwait 60' in your startup.bat. That will ensure then that the wait routine will wait for the NVIdia eGPU to appear. Select Startup.bat->edit and hand edit it to be that way.

Because you probably have a NVidia dGPU, ensure that you have a 'call iport dGPU off' command before 'call vidwait 60' in your startup.bat. That will ensure then that the wait routine will wait for the NVIdia eGPU to appear. Select Startup.bat->edit and hand edit it to be that way.

Yea, i have NVIDIA dGPU. like this ?

call speedup lbacache

call iport dGPU off

call vidwait 60

call wait_e 5 "eGPU not found!!"

call chainload MBR

Well experiment done, I could boot with the egpu pluged in, but he don't recognize the egpu even when I replace the egpu with the wifi card he don't recognize my wifi card either.

So I think I could boot because he couldn't find the egpu at boot. Like that I can't find it either at the diy -egpu.

Well I think it was worth try it but it didn't work on acer aspire. But thanks for the help I will keep trying to make it work. For any more advices please tell me

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have now built a desktop computer and not going to be using eGPU setup anymore.

Overall I recommend going eGPU route if someone has a laptop already as a temporary solution and wants to game with decent settings and frame rates before being able to afford a decent computer. This is not a permanent solution for gaming because of mPCIE bandwidth limitations and few annoying things in usage, like problems with Optimus (only works on Win10, but on Win10 can not use dGPU as PhysX processor), performance issues while loading game into GPU. Desktop PC using 980 TI is pushing around 30%-50% more FPS than eGPU setup (some games even 100%).

My desktop build:

CASE: In Win 707 Full Tower

MB: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.6Ghz

RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR4/FURY HyperX 2133Mhz

CPU COOLER: Enermax LiqMax II 240 Universal CPU Liquid Cooler

Parts reused from eGPU setup:

GPU: GAINWARD GeForce GTX 980 Ti Reference Cooler Model @ 1460Mhz

PSU: 750W ATX Corsair CX750M

MONITOR: Asus LED VS247HR 23.6'' wide, Full HD, 2ms, DVI, HDMI, black

SYSTEM SSD: Kingston Digital HyperX FURY 120GB SSD SATA 3 2.5

HDD: 750 GB SATA 2.5

The system is able to run most games maximum settings @ 1440p 60FPS.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I have Acer Aspire v3-772g and just bought the exp gdp Beast 8.0 with PCIe and gtx 950.

I plugged everything in and the video cards coolers started spinning.

The problem is, i get the "Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed" error as soon as i run the computer. 

I'm running Legacy mode. When switching to UEFI, when i turn on the computer, the screen doesn't turn on and stays black.

Do you have any ideas how to fix that or what should i try?

Hi ,

I have Acer V3-771G 73634g75makk  (i7 3632QM, 8G RAM, GT 710M) BIOS 2.28 A_A

S.O. W7 Ultimate/64 and W10 Pro/64

adapter : PE4C V3.0 mPCIe  http://www.hwtools.net/Adapter/PE4C V3.0.html  with Dell Adapter

eGPU : Asus GeForce GTX 1060 https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/TURBO-GTX1060-6G/ 

Both windows detect GTX 1060 but no one works.

Any chanse to work without Setup 1.3 by Tech Inferno Fan just like rgpu ?

I ask this because I`m not a computer guy and I try to make a gaming laptop for my son.

I`m interested to use laptop display and only occasional external display

Edited by dan71

with last NVidia driver don't work , with 372.70 work but only on external display

done only 1 test, 3Dmark 2011 and I got

Graphics Score
12 506
Physics Score
6 806
Combined Score
6 932
and my gtx1060 is a 820 :))
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/11614037
can I use laptop monitor without seput 1.3 from ****** ?
BTW for Acer laptop V3-771G there is a nice moded BIOS.
On 9/28/2016 at 2:55 PM, dan71 said:

With last NVidia driver don't work , with 372.70 work but only on external display

done only 1 test, 3Dmark 2011 and I got

Graphics Score 12 506
Physics Score 6806
Combined Score 6 932
and my gtx1060 is a 820 :))
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/11614037
can I use laptop monitor without seput 1.3 from ****** ?
BTW for Acer laptop V3-771G there is a nice moded BIOS on www.bios-mods.com versiunea 2.28 cu totul anlocked

Untitled.jpg

With modded(unlocked) BIOS for V3-771G in advanced tab set primary display to IGFX and leave switchable graphics work like a charm on laptop display.

Just install driver for eGPU(gtx1060) and optimus work fine on W7 Ultimate/64 and W10 Pro/64.

Edited by dan71

Done Time spy test on laptop display and I got:

GPU 3270

CPU 2818

Compared with best score using GTX 1060 6GB  and I7 6950X I have 60.7 % not bad for a 2013 laptop

GPU 4765

CPU 12734

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire V3-771G-736b1275Maii with i7 3630QM, 12GB RAM and GT650m from factory. I have upgraded my HDD to a 480GB SSD.

Do you think your setup would work on my computer?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm on Windows 8.1 if that matters.

Edited by SAA

• 1 month later...
On ‎24‎.‎10‎.‎2016 at 11:17 PM, SAA said:

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire V3-771G-736b1275Maii with i7 3630QM, 12GB RAM and GT650m from factory. I have upgraded my HDD to a 480GB SSD.

Do you think your setup would work on my computer?

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm on Windows 8.1 if that matters.

Mine works on W7 ultimate and W10 Pro

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/9/2016 at 1:28 PM, dan71 said:

With modded(unlocked) BIOS for V3-771G in advanced tab set primary display to IGFX and leave switchable graphics work like a charm on laptop display.

Just install driver for eGPU(gtx1060) and optimus work fine on W7 Ultimate/64 and W10 Pro/64.

Hello, firstly thanks to your contributions, I have been referred to this thread from another forum and it is great to find this information.

I have an Aspire V3 771G i7-3632QM 8GB 750GB Nvidia 710M,

I want to install a GTX 750 Ti, I do not play much but I want a PC ready to be able to have a decent experience, and it's a shame not to take advantage 
of the power of the equipment. I have read that since some version of Nvidia software there is already "support" for eGPUs, but I have also read that 
this machine usually gives problems, as you know your original BIOS is severely limited, and having dgpu with optimus without possibility to disable it 
As I read it is a real problem for some. My intention is to play with internal screen, but also with external.

I read that with a program "DIY dgpu" you can force boot, but then I have read about the bios unlocked and I have been excited.

I have seen several bios unlocked but I have not dared to flash for fear because I do not know exactly if it is the same machine. I have discarded bios
1.X (not EFI)

My BIOS is official v2.28 (EFI), and I have seen bios unlocked but other configurations eg with GT650M graphics instead of 710M and I have not moved
forward. The most similar I've seen is a 2.23 where only the processor changes (it was an i5 instead of i7), but again I do not know if doing a
downgrade is safe.

What BIOS did you use? If something goes wrong is it really easy to re-think? Inside the BIOS that concrete option you have edited ?, 
is to do the same ....

Greetings
Edited by Hispacoder
text
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎25‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 9:02 PM, Hispacoder said:

Hello, firstly thanks to your contributions, I have been referred to this thread from another forum and it is great to find this information.

I have an Aspire V3 771G i7-3632QM 8GB 750GB Nvidia 710M,

I want to install a GTX 750 Ti, I do not play much but I want a PC ready to be able to have a decent experience, and it's a shame not to take advantage 
of the power of the equipment. I have read that since some version of Nvidia software there is already "support" for eGPUs, but I have also read that 
this machine usually gives problems, as you know your original BIOS is severely limited, and having dgpu with optimus without possibility to disable it 
As I read it is a real problem for some. My intention is to play with internal screen, but also with external.

I read that with a program "DIY dgpu" you can force boot, but then I have read about the bios unlocked and I have been excited.

I have seen several bios unlocked but I have not dared to flash for fear because I do not know exactly if it is the same machine. I have discarded bios
1.X (not EFI)

My BIOS is official v2.28 (EFI), and I have seen bios unlocked but other configurations eg with GT650M graphics instead of 710M and I have not moved
forward. The most similar I've seen is a 2.23 where only the processor changes (it was an i5 instead of i7), but again I do not know if doing a
downgrade is safe.

What BIOS did you use? If something goes wrong is it really easy to re-think? Inside the BIOS that concrete option you have edited ?, 
is to do the same ....

Greetings

I`m using V2.28 unlocked bios.

In bios I change only 2 things :

1.cooler setup (low & high speed and low & high temperatures for that speed)

2.advanced tab set primary display to IGFX and leave switchable graphics on

Now I rarely use this laptop since I got myself a ROG GL553VE and is on sales for upgrade my M2 PCI-e, 2.5" SSD and 32Gb RAM on that ROG.

I can`t wait for unlocked bios for that ROG :)