Dell Precision T7500 - Bios Unlock - 24/7 Turbo mode on all cores?

chris89

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01514281M/1/T7500A16.bin

Hi I have a Precision T7500 but only the first 3 cores hits x23 multi...

Can we unlock some options in RWEverything or any tool I don't know which one to use or what to do...

Basically want to unlock all possible extra options and maybe manipulate the turbo boost ratio to be able to lock in at x23 3059Mhz per core...

Thanks

What CPU model do you have? The maximum turbo boost multiplier is locked in the majority of Xeon CPUs.

The maximum multiplier is usually only available when 1 or 2 cores are active. When 4 cores are active, the multiplier decreases. On the locked CPUs, that limit is built into the hardware so there is nothing that software can do.

Well basically even on X58 chipsets the i7 930 for instance base clocked at 2.8ghz yet the bios would allow manual control and lock it down at even x22 multi which is 2926Mhz when it stock clocked at 2800mhz x21.

Anyway I'm running the same LGA 1366 socket processor just Intel Xeon X5650. It base clocks at 2660mhz x20 and can run pretty much all core at x22 2926Mhz and boost clock is x23 3059Mhz. It would be nice to have this option available and truly lock all cores to x23. There are two Intel Xeon X5650's in there with 24 threads available.

I haven't quite got around to upgrading the X5650 to say the X5675 95w apparently clocks to 3.07Ghz and boosts to x25 for 3325Mhz.

I just thought it has been known for someone to know which bios tool to open the BIOS for instance RWEverything and if it were understood we could force the bios to clock the cpu(s) at it's highest availble multiplier and across all core's with thermal throttling disabled known as BD PROCHOT? Or dial in the bios to be happy to be used with Intel XTU advanced settings control or unlocked options in ThrottleStop or BIOS.

Thanks I hear you on the Intel Xtreme Edition unlocked models is what they all prefer. I wish I would get this X5650's to 3500Mhz across all 24 threads, I guess if anyone knew how .. or I'll buy the X5690's at only 250 dollars a pop lol... :/

Do you think I'd notice a difference from ddr3-1066 16gb to ddr3-1600 24gb? I'm looking for how to get more horsepower out of it without purchasing anything lol