Deviltech Hellmachine vel Clevo P370EM - my first SLI computer:D

patrykp84

Hi all,

Recently I bought a replacement for my faulty Acer Aspire 7552G. After few weeks of searching, reading and brain overheating ;) I chose to buy laptop based on Clevo.

As P370xx is nice upgrade ready machine this was the preferrable model. And after some online reaserch i have found this powerful monster (yeah i know there is plenty of newer models with more power but they are also much more expensive):

Deviltech Hellmachine / Clevo 370EM - short spec:

LCD: FHD Chi Mei 173HGE

CPU: i7-3630QM

RAM: 32GB Kingston PC3 12800

GPU: 2xGTX670MX 2x3GB in SLI

WLAN: Bigfoot Killer Wireless-N 1202

SSD: 250GB Samsung 840

HDD: Samsung Momentus 750GB

DVD RW: present ;)

Windows 8.1 OEM

I paid for it 800€ on ebay, in my opinion this is a nice deal - what's the community opinion?

As it is used laptop I will do the cleaning of the inside and repaste it with Gelid Extreme or Arctic MX2. There will be a lot of work needed - previous owner had to be a smoker, dust inside is sticky...

It looks like everything is working as it should. Prema bios was flashed yesterday and after repasting i will try to make this machine even more powerful.

Oh I nearly forgot, there was a problem with BF Killer WLAN but now after some driver reinstalling and in application changes it looks ok. I know people have problems with this WiFi card, future will tell.

Few pictures:

6f6be9aaeea76f02m.jpg

IMG201504_weaapne.jpg

IMG201504_weaapae.jpg

IMG201504_weaapas.jpg

IMG201504_weaapqh.jpg

IMG201504_weaapqx.jpg

And now some questions:

1. How thick the thermopads should be bought for my graphic cards?

2. I found some information about swapping complete cooling system (heatsinks and fans) from SM model (cooling in P377SM=P370SM?) for better temperatures. Is it plug&play swap? How much better is this newer system?

3. I'm thinking about upgrading CPU to xm model for some oc - how about throotling then? Later maybe some newer GPUs, something like double 970m - will my 300W PSU handle i7-39x0xm oc and 9xxm SLI oc (I think not :( )?

I'm sure I will have more questions:)

So.... What do You think about my new toy?:20_003:

Best regards,

Patryk

EDIT: yeah.... I knew I forgot something.... Better now then never... THANK YOU @Prema FOR YOUR GREAT JOB !!!!!! <- caps intended and justyfied :)

1. I used 2mm and 3mm pads.

2. I think its EM cooling to SM (Seem to remember the EM has more heatpipes, maybe wrong on that)

3. Have 980's in sli in my 370em/300w psu with some over clock with no issues.

If you decide to upgrade your GPU's get them from Eurocom as they supply pads, paste, screws and replacement H/S with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

What an awfull machine you have!!:glee:

SM coolers are better build, but will cost you 150-200€, keep your money for new cards. You should have a look here: Prema (again) listed some tips to enhance the cooling.

And your 300w PSU will handle xm Cpu and 970m SLI, even with a light O/C.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ok so now I have 1mm and 2mm thermopads, will need to buy 3mm.

Thx for the link, I saw some similar mods some time ago. What should I use as this "grill" after I make holes for better air flow in the bottom cover? I'll need to make some research.

As for the GPUs upgrade - I will wait for the price to go down :) My 2x670mx with oc should be enough for now.

This will be fun to make something by myself to improve this awful machine ;) All the work will be done when I come back from my holiday, till then I will read/watch as much guidelines as I can ;)

Well, i think you will need at least 2 of them: one for memory chips, one for other stuff (VRM...) Don't forget the tiny ones on the upper part. Thickness: 1.5mm seems to be pretty close to the original pads.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it's been a wile since my last post. I got all my staff to deal with repasting etc.

Few tests before I go on for the comparison after all job will be done. All components are on stock clocks, Win8.1.

3dmark11 gpu score 7138 :

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,CLEVO P370EM

Monster Hunter Online Benchmark 10230 points :

MHOnline-_wwenwnr.jpg

+ temperatures while performing this test:

Wykres-te_wwenapp.jpg

On Prime95 CPU temps are reaching 90 Celsius - thermal compound need to be changed definitely :)

Tomorrow I'm going to do all the job needed. Finally.....

EDIT: What software should I use to edit my vbios taken from 670mx with GPUz ?

Ok, it's been a wile since my last post. I got all my staff to deal with repasting etc.

Few tests before I go on for the comparison after all job will be done. All components are on stock clocks, Win8.1.

3dmark11 gpu score 7138 :

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor,CLEVO P370EM

Monster Hunter Online Benchmark 10230 points :

MHOnline-_wwenwnr.jpg

+ temperatures while performing this test:

Wykres-te_wwenapp.jpg

On Prime95 CPU temps are reaching 90 Celsius - thermal compound need to be changed definitely :)

Tomorrow I'm going to do all the job needed. Finally.....

EDIT: What software should I use to edit my vbios taken from 670mx with GPUz ?

Don't use the Vbios pulled with GPUz, use the nvidia flash util to make the back up. As for editing Vbios have a word with the master Prema

@haiwepa yeah I knew this vbios thread by @svl7 but I wanted to try it by myself. Well finally I downloaded vbios from there :) big thanks @svl7!

And again big thanks for @Prema for his modded p370em bios.

Btw my CPU i7-3630QM cannot be overclocked? I need i7-3720QM up, am I right?

Ok lets get to the chase. Cleaning made, CPU and both GPU repasted with Arctic MX-2 (for now, I have also Gelid GC Extreme).

CPU temps in Prime95 1st Torture Test (approximately 1 minute, FN+9), comparison chart before and after:

Just Core #1 (hottest one)

Chart-CPU_wweswhe.jpg

And some other temperatures from HWinfo. Can someone explain me how important they are, what is the value they should not extend?

Chart-CPU_wweswra.jpg

Monster Hunter Online Benchmark after flashing vbios from @svl7 and both GPU overclocked (Core+400 Memory+600 voltage+50mV - these are not final clocks just set in hurry):

MHOnline-_wweswea.jpg

Chart with temperatures while this benchmark was running

MHO-temps_wweswwh.jpg

3dmark11 graphics score 11935 :

And temperature chart

3dmark11-_wweswss.jpg

As you can see there is huge difference between both cards temperatures and in HWinfo master GPU is listed as second one (that's my guess but it makes sense, if I'm wrong please correct me). I will repast this hot GPU today one more time.

And just to your information, I have not done any hardware cooling mod yet. After I do some tweaking temperatures should go down a bit.

EDIT: After repasting this hot GPU I have 10+ less Celsius degrees. Now at MHOnline benchmark highest value was 75 degrees.

• 2 months later...

I want to reflash stock bios and then flash again @Prema bios mod to check if it will help together with W7 installation on other HDD for testing purposes (I have to make this i7-2960XM work!;) ). I have modded vbios on both of mine 670mx thx to @svl7. And now here comes the question - can I leave this modded vbios OC version and mine GPUs will work properly on stock bios? Or I have to flash stock vbios because the system will crush?