14" Dell Latitude E6430 - Performance Upgrades and System Mods

Yes but when i set to enabled I should see the Intel video card over windows, and I don't see nothing.. I'm using pe4c at 2.0 speed connected to expresscard, i have any chance of overclocking my i5-3360m with the o.c. bios? thanks.

ok. Your connection is x1.2 meaning that you will benefit if have the iGPU enabled. Do you have an iGPU/dGPU model or iGPU only?

If you have the dGPU model do you have Optimus enabled?

You can OC your i5 using BCLK OC for almost 5% @ maximum of 3.6GHz ... no unlocked multipliers on any dual cores...

I have the igpu version, but the Intel card won't be enabled as I see.. The command setup var are permanent or I must reinsert them at every boot? Maybe I have to change tolud size? But what size I have to choose?

18 minutes ago, aldimeola81 said:

I have the igpu version, but the Intel card won't be enabled as I see.. The command setup var are permanent or I must reinsert them at every boot? Maybe I have to change tolud size? But what size I have to choose?

setup var command is permanent but needs a cold boot (shutdown and startup) in order to work properly. No need to change TOLUD size. I will change automatically if needed.

I tried several times, when i boot with egpu connected the Intel doesn't appear , if I connect the egpu after boot, error 12... Also after setting tolud to 3gb, is Like the BIOS is write protected, the commands doesn't do nothing. After sending commands I have to do something else? Or just shutdown? I have 8 GB ram and gtx9604gb thanks

10 hours ago, aldimeola81 said:

Is normal that audio doesn't work when the paperclip connection is on? Can I remove it now? Thanks.

Inviato dal mio Lenovo P70-A utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes it is normal. Paperclip is only applied when you boot. If you have modified your flash descriptor as described you don't need it anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

i've removed the wire and the sound is working now!

but i'm not able to enable the igpu as i see with var mod.. is there any other way to do it ?

the 3dmark 06 score is 22000, is possible that the igpu is already enabled but not visible? i think should be much lower without optimus, don't you think?

thanks.

At the end i've solved, I was using a wrong syntax

the correct is setup_var xxxxxx   modified value   (maybe in the guide can be written a full example for easier reading)

and  sometimes the command need to be sent two times to be taken.

anyway in my system there is no benefit using igpu+egpu, so after some test, i've disabled another time so i can have the signal always on my external screen without additional cables  during booting and bios.

now i'm trying to overclock 5% more the cpu, i've flashed oc bios but the xtu program can't me do any setting.. what i'm missing?

thanks.

Edited by aldimeola81

16 hours ago, aldimeola81 said:

now i'm trying to overclock 5% more the cpu, i've flashed oc bios but the xtu program can't me do any setting.. what i'm missing?

thanks.

Try to uninstall xtu if u already have it before flash bio file then restart and install it again.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, AGmR said:
22 hours ago, aldimeola81 said:

thanks.

Try to uninstall xtu if u already have it before flash bio file then restart and install it again.

Now i can move two sliders but I think they are useless: turbo boost power max and turbo boost power max.. Moving them appear to not change nothing..

Edited by aldimeola81

3 hours ago, aldimeola81 said:

Now i can move two sliders but I think they are useless: turbo boost power max and turbo boost power max.. Moving them appear to not change nothing..

I think u didnt get BLCK OC yet, u should see this tab in xtu if u flashed right bios.

p0un5es.png

Click Here ^^

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
& bout Power sliders lol u must disable Turbo PWR Limit MSR Lock in bio to get benefits from those

Bios>Power>Advanced CPU Control>Turbo PWR Limit MSR Lock>Disabled

then change watt as u wanna  

Turbo set maximum short term turbo power limit .... W > Long duration 56W >Long term Power Limit .... W >F10 save/exit.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, aldimeola81 said:

I've flashed the e6430_OC first, and E6430UCME after, but still the same, no control in XTU.. I'm using windows 8.1… can be this the problem?

Nope ur OS is ok, yes i think u installed latest ver of xtu just try xtu older vers cuz there is conflict bug for some mobo bio systems with some vers of xtu "latest + some older"

+ as u can see in pic top "An update is available for installation ..... "  p0un5es.png  Mr/ Timo using previous ver of xtu i dnt knw

wat it is but just try older one here u go

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/intel-xtu-extreme-tuning-utility-dare-to-find-any-older-version.781755/

Edited by AGmR
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think i've found the problem: there is some incompatibility with modified bios and my pc. Can depends from bios version maybe, when i flash a modded bios the ethernet card disappear in windows at every boot.. how can I modify mine to allow overclock? is there any guide?

Edited by aldimeola81

I just got around to play a bit with my GTX960 attached to my e6430 as eGPU with an EXP GDC Beast v8.0.

It is almost plug and play - fiddling with drivers a bit and the crash now and then.

What I'm wondering - is a higher PCI Express link speed possible - I only get v1.1 (see GPU-z)?

Also - the 5285 points is just double of the NVS 5200 - is that the most I can get out of the GTX960?

GPU-z

• iGPU
    fm2.png
  • dGPU
    35d.png
  • eGPU - Gigabyte GTX960 ITX
    csg.png
Edited by exco

On 06.05.2016 at 11:40 PM, exco said:

Also - the 5285 points is just double of the NVS 5200 - is that the most I can get out of the GTX960?

5285 3dmark

960 is not just "double" of the 5200. You have to look at the "Graphics score" field: 960 has almost exactly 3 times more points than 5200.

I believe using EXP GDC there is no way to increase your egpu performance other than overclocking it.. My 960 is overclocked by default (by manufacturer) and it scores a little bit more graphic points than yours - http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6430010, even on e6220 with i5.

However OC can be dangerous, so read manuals and be careful and blah-blah-blah.

I have ordered i7 3940xm, will I be having any cooling issues? will it require any mods? I am not planning to do any OC to the CPU.

I also understand power will be limited from the original dell power brick, would you pleas refer me to an unapproved power brick to buy from Amazon?

Edited by Ihab

Hi khenglish, can you please help me? I've flashed modded BIOS but i can't overclock at all inside Intel xtu, the sliders are locked with my i5-3360m, I've tried a fresh windows 7 installation and old xtu version, same result.

I' ve bought an i7-3720qm now,maybe it arrive today.. do you think that can solve the problem or not? Is there any guide to customize bios by myself? Cause the O.C. bios give me several problems: E.g. the network card appear to be in conflict and is disabled at every boot.. Thanks!

Yup guide here

Yeah your system does not like the me fw meant for someone else.

Basically download the program set and make the same changes to your original me fw dump as the dump you tried.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yup guide here

Yeah your system does not like the me fw meant for someone else.

Basically download the program set and make the same changes to your original me fw dump as the dump you tried.

I've done and it worked, now the reference clock is free until 800mhz[emoji1] BUT.. The maximum I can over clock my reference clock with i5-3360m is only 100.5 mhz, if I go after, the system hangs immediately... Not so funny.. Is it normal? Thanks.

I've bricked the laptop i think: the fan start spinning at maximum speed but nothing is displayed over screen, after a while it make self reboot, is there any way to fix that or is dead?

original bios

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cgbnh2jq3f30fjb/ORIGIN.BIn

flashed bios before death

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hz4c34pcs8lhc3b/fitch1.bin

Edited by aldimeola81