P650SG owner. Seems my gpu speeds are underclocked from factory.

I wanted to use my laptop as a desktop replacement, but after playing on it a little bit felt underwhelmed. After I got a 295x2, I decided to just keep gaming on my desktop, but also waiting on my psu to arrive. In the mean time I have been playing on my laptop and thought it should be running faster. Running nvidia inspector, my 980m is running 1038 on the gpu and 2505 on the mem. That's around around 130mhz on the gpu and 350mhz on the mem underclocked compared to what it should be at stock speeds. I have read a little bit about the prema vbios on here, and I was looking to run my gpu at the speed it should or more. Other owners of the P650SG, would you advice going though the trouble? Plus I have to have 5 post to download the bios.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also get 1308 2505 as my stock speeds. Im able to do about 200mhz on core and about 300 on memory for a stable overclock but honestly its just eats any game I throw at it. No reason to overclock it right now for 1080p gaming. You cray folks on 4k screens at 15" or 17" are nuts! That text is just toooooooo small for my eyes

• 4 weeks later...
Other owners of the P650SG, would you advice going though the trouble? Plus I have to have 5 post to download the bios.

I have just flashed my BIOS and vBIOS with Prema's mod so I'll let you know how things go. Your core clock and mem speeds are stock so not sure where you got the information that it was underclocked from?

You can download Prema's mods from his website. The exact location for the P6xxSG/NP86x2 download is here. You don't need 5 post count on these forums.

-Wastey RJgAJZdlsYzbjOrAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC