M17X R3 with 680M .. NVIDIA 285.62

DocBurN

Hi guys,

Never felt the need to re-mod a new nvidia driver for my M17XR3 since i had modded the 285.62... that was before i noticed a little something with GTA5 for PC..

Now i see that 347.88 / 350.12 drivers.. should i be worry about stability or killing my 680M

The last update happen because my 580M was fried by a nvidia driver so i am worried.

What do you guys think ?

Any input are welcome.. thank you!

I also noticed the nvdm.inf is no more.. replace by nvdmi.inf probably..

I know my hardware ID : 04901028

but i have a hard time guessing what entries i should replace. I see a line with ".048F." that looks like my hardware id.. ( 048F1028 ) could be that.. otherwise, i really need your help guys!

I am trying to do stuff myself but there are people out there with more know-how on that subject :-)

You're system is identically with mine I guess. I'm using 680m on my M17xR3 since my 6990m were dead, and always use the .inf modded driver since that upgrade. now I'm still using 344.60 and plan to upgrade it into GTA V driver (350.12). Yes, I also notice that they're not using nvdm.inf anymore and replacing with nv_dispi.inf. I'm still downloading the driver now and will post my result in case it will help you decide. Just in case you have to courage to move on and try by yourself you can go visit this thread and check the last post for the updated driver include with the modded nv_dispi.inf file from the good old fellow j95. Just follow it step by step on first post and you're good to go....

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/6307-%5Balienware%5D-aftermarket-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf.html

Your driver is ancient right now..... you need to move on..... :D

Hi guys,

Never felt the need to re-mod a new nvidia driver for my M17XR3 since i had modded the 285.62... that was before i noticed a little something with GTA5 for PC..

Now i see that 347.88 / 350.12 drivers.. should i be worry about stability or killing my 680M

The last update happen because my 580M was fried by a nvidia driver so i am worried.

What do you guys think ?

Any input are welcome.. thank you!

Just Upgrade it...... Smooth Install......Give it a go..... :D