P570WM mSATA

I want to upgrade my P570WM with mSATA, but I didn't see the mSATA socket soldered onto the motherboard. Is that possible, or am I looking at the wrong place?

According to the photos it should be under the keyboard in the top left area:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/attachments/wp_20150127_15_55_25_pro-jpg.120329/

I don't see anything there, not even a socket:

http://www.sfvogt.de/CLEVO_P570WMx/mSATA_MB_R1.jpg

Does anyone have some advice?

Even if there was a socket there, someone would have to solder capacitors?

**Official Clevo P570WM | P570WM3 / Sager NP9570 Owners Lounge** | Page 99 | NotebookReview

How configurator companies (not all of them though!) offered mSATA? Did they solder capacitors in their shop? Mine's origin is from Pro-Star.

How many versions does P570WM has? (Besides 3D and non 3D). How does Sager NP9570 differ from Clevo P570WM?

So many questions!

mSATA drivers are almost half price compared to regular ones, and I wouldn't really care about the fact that they'd run on SATA II channel (lower theoretical speed than SATA III).

THX!

I want to upgrade my P570WM with mSATA, but I didn't see the mSATA socket soldered onto the motherboard. Is that possible, or am I looking at the wrong place?

According to the photos it should be under the keyboard in the top left area:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/attachments/wp_20150127_15_55_25_pro-jpg.120329/

I don't see anything there, not even a socket:

http://www.sfvogt.de/CLEVO_P570WMx/mSATA_MB_R1.jpg

Does anyone have some advice?

Even if there was a socket there, someone would have to solder capacitors?

**Official Clevo P570WM | P570WM3 / Sager NP9570 Owners Lounge** | Page 99 | NotebookReview

How configurator companies (not all of them though!) offered mSATA? Did they solder capacitors in their shop? Mine's origin is from Pro-Star.

How many versions does P570WM has? (Besides 3D and non 3D). How does Sager NP9570 differ from Clevo P570WM?

So many questions!

mSATA drivers are almost half price compared to regular ones, and I wouldn't really care about the fact that they'd run on SATA II channel (lower theoretical speed than SATA III).

THX!

I've got 2 P570WM's and they don't have MSATA Slots.

Reading that thread you posted is referring to a user that has modded his P570WM, it appears you could add a MSATA slot if your skilled with a soldering iron, the connections are their for one.

Does make you wonder why Clevo didn't fit it.

As Mr Fox has said I too have never seen a P570WM with a slot and I've seen about a dozen of them from various system builders

As Mr Fox has said I too have never seen a P570WM with a slot and I've seen about a dozen of them from various system builders

But some of those system builders offered mSATA in their configurator. So either they did the soldering in their shop or there's a rare mobo version exist where it's fitted?

(or 3rd option: the configurator on the website is faulty)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14592[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14591[/ATTACH]

Hmm... If you can find someone selling that mobo, assuming they are not severely overpriced, I might be interested in buying one. Who has it?

Only the P270WM (canceled P570WM predecessor ) and early P570WM development boards had the mSATA port...it was removed from the final P570WM production units due to mSATA only being 3Gbps at that time vs. the 6Gbps of the SATA ports...

For the production unit P570WM's it is a DIY job:

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/9604-%5Bhardware-mod%5D-add-msata-port-p570wm.html#post129639

Hmm... If you can find someone selling that mobo, assuming they are not severely overpriced, I might be interested in buying one. Who has it?

Probably, any big reseller, did not want to pay for this.

As Prema wrote. DIY only. That's the Clevo charm. :)

I just hope that the P570WM successor will have the M2 slot only.

Probably, any big reseller, did not want to pay for this.

As Prema wrote. DIY only. That's the Clevo charm. :)

I just hope that the P570WM successor will have the M2 slot only.

It would be really awesome to have a successor with an X99 and 5960X laptop with dual MXM. I can't put up with only one GPU. It would be nice to have M2, but I would not want it to be only M2. Still need room for at least three 2.5" drives.

• 7 months later...