Asus G750JH bios flash need help!

code9523

Hello everybody!

I have g750JH laptop but my motherboard died and I ordered a new one. I assembled everything but the board I ordered came to me with asus g750JX bios and now my gpu is not recognizing in system.

Please tell me how can I flash a g750JH bios in to g750JX motherboard or can I edit or modify g750jx bios for gtx780?!

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I was thinking in upgrade the GPU on my G750JX with a 780M from a G750JH, and you have exactly that scenario (JX motherboard and 780M GPU) why you say your system does´t recognize your GPU? you can boot the system? but windows does´t see your card? or what exactly happens?

your old JH motherboard also was marked as g750jw mainboard rev 2.1??

Can you please, take some pictures of the old G750JH and the new one??

I think you can boot the system as you said it has the JX BIOS on it. If you can boot into windows is just maybe a driver issue I think, you need to uninstall the drivers and use a driver cleaner tool, and reinstall the drivers again.

For other side maybe you can change the BIOS to the JH one, but you need to be warned that is posible somethings goes wrong.

There are two methods you may wanna try.

1.- format an USB in fat 32 the size does´t matter, download the JH BIOS to the file but rename it to G750JX.BIN and powering the laptop while holding Ctrl+Home should do the rest.

2.- use AFU flash tool, but for use this one you need to boot the system for better result, please answer if you system boot so I can give you further instructions.

a third one is buy a JH bios chip and do the desoldering resoldering process by your self or by a third. ( for this to work you need to be sure both motherboards are physically exactly the same)

Good luck and I will back soon this info interested me a lot

• 9 months later...

Hello, im exactly in the same case. My g750jh motherboard died. I found a g750jw motherboard on the net can i use my 780m gpu with this board if a flash the g750jh bios ? If yes what is the method work? Thank you for your help.

Best regard.

Edited by Sheard

• 1 year later...

my laptop is asus g750jh - changeover of the motherboard from g750jx was made, but now works only at the external display how to pereproshit Bios from g750jh on on g750jx that the video card was defined.

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, georgiani said:

my laptop is asus g750jh - changeover of the motherboard from g750jx was made, but now works only at the external display how to pereproshit Bios from g750jh on on g750jx that the video card was defined.

Hi!

Send me backup of your bios. I'll look at it, what we can do with it.

For creating backup of bios you can use attached program. Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM.
http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/ul5knVKr/file.html

On 04.05.2017 at 5:50 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

Send me backup of your bios. I'll look at it, what we can do with it.

For creating backup of bios you can use attached program. Unzip attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the program as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" via PM.
http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/ul5knVKr/file.html

https://www.sendspace.com/file/tv7fdf

• 3 years later...

Hello to all , I have some BIG question regarding my problem with Asus G750JH or G750JX version I just can't detect it normally cause I specially was ordering things to create a nice Asus G750JH 3D combo with GTX 780M which assist 3D now mode and ofc 120Hz display so the board which I ordered was called Asus G750J version without any further H or X letters ,the board name is Asus 60NB0180-MB2040 G750J Laptop Motherboard w/ i7 4700HQ CPU 3D bought it on eBay for less than 100 pounds and it's condition looks like NEW also after I just was waiting a lot of time to catch the GTX780M cheaper as I can , I found one on eBay from Germany bought for 155 EU  and before that I have done some research and also ordered a 3D LVDS cable for this set for 10 EU and ofc at the moment I know which 3D display I need to buy for 96 EU here in local last sets part. So problem is following : I just turned On laptop with 3D board + GTX780M and with 205 BIOS version but not like normally ,it can be turned ON only via HDMI port ,but if I connect any of two 2D or 3D LVDS cable to board - laptop won't turn On, white Power button Led just turns on for a second and turns off ,that all the reactions when I insert internal monitors into 3D connector on the board . Second problem which I have : when laptop turns on like normally into windows 10 the GPU fan won't work ,works only CPU fun ,all the voltages are normal, tested with tester all ok 12,3.3 V come in ,tested on connectors PINS. I even turned furmark to test , nothing special ,just temp goes up with low steps but only CPU fan spins fast . Btw I just updated BIOS to 206 version for Asus G750JH version but trouble is what there was updated 206JHA version but in download section on Asus site shows 206JH version ,strange thing also . There exist third thing from all this : I just was trying to set Nvidia driver via GeForce Experience but after successful instal in GPU Z section it doesn't wanted to show up memory type ,amount ,bus and some other info ,but showed only type of memory the structure and ofc doesn't showed which technology Asisting this GPU but when I installed original one driver from Asus G750JH drivers section old one for win 8 64 bit - it's just showed all info about GPU but GPU fan doesn't started to spin . 

• 1 month later...

@Klem do you  still make BIOS mods? I have G750JW laptop, which for some reason has G750JM BIOS loaded into it. As a result the GPU (765m) is not recognized. I get Code 31 in the driver properties. I was able to update from v206 to v207 of the JM BIOS, but I can't figure out how to switch to G750JW BIOS.

I've tried loading the file via Ez Flash.

Tried renaming G750JWAS.207 to G750JMAS.207 - got "Model name doesn't match".

Tried using WinFlash with /force option - it said "Invalid file".

Tried with AfuEfix64.efi, but it refuses to flash due to mismatching file size...

Is there a mod that you can make that will allow me to switch to JW BIOS?

Thank you