Review: E-Win Champion Series Gaming Chair Read more... ×
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
suwidah

N550JK modding vbios of GTX 850m

Create the file backup of your bios, and send it to my mail. E-mail: eldk@mail.ru

Hi, I sent to your email my gtx 850m vbios, please remove the 135 mhz core clock limitaion, thanks in advance.

hey. just updated my vbios in n550jk but nb cant resume from sleep mode. flashing factory bios not helping. any suggestions?

edit: hybrid sleed was problem. figured out s3 works well. after s4 (hibernate) nb powers up shows asus logo and shut downs.

how to repair hybernate?

hey. just updated my vbios in n550jk but nb cant resume from sleep mode. flashing factory bios not helping. any suggestions?

edit: and from hibernate mode too...

the laptop goes to s3 well. flashing led while sleeping. when open led it power up, flashes all leds for a second and power off. then starts as normal...

hi guys i try to modificate my bios(n750jk) and see some intresting thing: dumped bios 6144 kb and bios that ive download from asus.com 6146 kb.same versions.Why this happens?also bios from asus.com give me error while flashing.

Edited by free_feather

I have bricked my laptop. Can someone send me an email of his backup bios file? My laptop is Asus X550JK. Thx

On 2/23/2016 at 6:33 AM, Alin said:

I have bricked my laptop. Can someone send me an email of his backup bios file? My laptop is Asus X550JK. Thx

Hi Alin,
Have you managed to recover your laptop? Do you still need help?

as many requested, I've uploaded the gpu bios in a new link.

https://mega.nz/#!QpQXSSCb

and I'm really busy with my exams, so its really rarely when I'm checking in this awesome forum.

good luck everyone!

as many requested, I've uploaded the gpu bios in a new link.

https://mega.nz/#!QpQXSSCb!WR0Mx1S35pybyRONXh2t_xaJ11gR2lDP1sqwRB62ff8

and I'm really busy with my exams, so its really rarely when I'm checking in this awesome forum.

good luck everyone!

Hi Suwidah! I want to overclock my N550JK as well but it seems that I cannot download any of your files in this thread and the MEGA link you shared needs an encryption key. Can I ask for the file or at least the encryption key? Great work btw. I hope to also unlock my N550JK's full potential as I observe the reality that it's ageing.

And if it won't be too much of a hassle, please post a simple, complete, step-by-step tutorial on what and how to do the overclock process. I read your past posts and I can't seem to grasp what and when to do the things you mentioned :(

I hope for your swift reply :)

Hi

I trying to overclock my laptop's GPU which is an Asus N550JK

After doing some searches and reading posts of this thread I found that I have to do these Steps:

1. I have to Unlock my BIOS to be able to modify GPU settings 

• I  know that I have to flash the Unlocked Image using AFUWIN64.exe
  • Could not find any UNLOCKED IMAGE of the bios

2. I have to use nvFlash64.exe to flash the "dec.rom" file you have provided

•   I think I know how to do that.

Can you people help me doing the first step?

I mean how can I unlock my Bios or where can I find the unlocked image?

I know this post is a bit old, but does anyone understand how to separate the vbios from the main bios? I have unlocked a lot of settings in the system bios, but just can find the vbios with MMtool or UEFITool. Thanks

if topic is dead please someone help too ...have a gtx850m on acer v3 and i need bios oc...

5 hours ago, eatmeat said:

if topic is dead please someone help too ...have a gtx850m on acer v3 and i need bios oc...

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2015 at 8:23 AM, Klem said:

Here you go.

vBIOS-Backup.zip

Hi,

I've asus N550JK and I'm trying to mod my bios but can't get backup of it. Could you please send me your backup file? it seems that this link is not working anymore.

Edited by mhulug

On 4/13/2015 at 11:42 PM, suwidah said:

YES .... success ..... finally :Banane46::Banane14::smilingface (52):

was replacing the wrong file in mmtool

now managed to to get +400mhz on core and +199mhz on memory

scored plus 900 in firestrike benchmark and jumped in shadow of mordor from 18 fps to 28 fps on 1080 ultra

- - - Updated - - -

plus the temperature jumped from 62 to 64 ... not a big deal :Banane54:

Hi. I've the same laptop (N550JK). Could you please give a bit detail of how you did this. I am going mad :)))