N550JK modding vbios of GTX 850m

suwidah

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey. just updated my vbios in n550jk but nb cant resume from sleep mode. flashing factory bios not helping. any suggestions?

edit: hybrid sleed was problem. figured out s3 works well. after s4 (hibernate) nb powers up shows asus logo and shut downs.

how to repair hybernate?

hey. just updated my vbios in n550jk but nb cant resume from sleep mode. flashing factory bios not helping. any suggestions?

edit: and from hibernate mode too...

the laptop goes to s3 well. flashing led while sleeping. when open led it power up, flashes all leds for a second and power off. then starts as normal...

• 1 month later...

hi guys i try to modificate my bios(n750jk) and see some intresting thing: dumped bios 6144 kb and bios that ive download from asus.com 6146 kb.same versions.Why this happens?also bios from asus.com give me error while flashing.

Edited by free_feather

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

as many requested, I've uploaded the gpu bios in a new link.

https://mega.nz/#!QpQXSSCb

and I'm really busy with my exams, so its really rarely when I'm checking in this awesome forum.

good luck everyone!

as many requested, I've uploaded the gpu bios in a new link.

https://mega.nz/#!QpQXSSCb!WR0Mx1S35pybyRONXh2t_xaJ11gR2lDP1sqwRB62ff8

and I'm really busy with my exams, so its really rarely when I'm checking in this awesome forum.

good luck everyone!

• 3 months later...

Hi Suwidah! I want to overclock my N550JK as well but it seems that I cannot download any of your files in this thread and the MEGA link you shared needs an encryption key. Can I ask for the file or at least the encryption key? Great work btw. I hope to also unlock my N550JK's full potential as I observe the reality that it's ageing.

And if it won't be too much of a hassle, please post a simple, complete, step-by-step tutorial on what and how to do the overclock process. I read your past posts and I can't seem to grasp what and when to do the things you mentioned :(

I hope for your swift reply :)

• 2 months later...

Hi

I trying to overclock my laptop's GPU which is an Asus N550JK

After doing some searches and reading posts of this thread I found that I have to do these Steps:

1. I have to Unlock my BIOS to be able to modify GPU settings 

• I  know that I have to flash the Unlocked Image using AFUWIN64.exe
  • Could not find any UNLOCKED IMAGE of the bios

2. I have to use nvFlash64.exe to flash the "dec.rom" file you have provided

•   I think I know how to do that.

Can you people help me doing the first step?

I mean how can I unlock my Bios or where can I find the unlocked image?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Bios Modder
5 hours ago, eatmeat said:

if topic is dead please someone help too ...have a gtx850m on acer v3 and i need bios oc...

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2015 at 8:23 AM, Klem said:

Here you go.

vBIOS-Backup.zip

Hi,

I've asus N550JK and I'm trying to mod my bios but can't get backup of it. Could you please send me your backup file? it seems that this link is not working anymore.

Edited by mhulug

On 4/13/2015 at 11:42 PM, suwidah said:

YES .... success ..... finally :Banane46::Banane14::smilingface (52):

was replacing the wrong file in mmtool

now managed to to get +400mhz on core and +199mhz on memory

scored plus 900 in firestrike benchmark and jumped in shadow of mordor from 18 fps to 28 fps on 1080 ultra

- - - Updated - - -

plus the temperature jumped from 62 to 64 ... not a big deal :Banane54:

Hi. I've the same laptop (N550JK). Could you please give a bit detail of how you did this. I am going mad :)))

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Bios Modder
2 hours ago, Andres Felipe said:

i have an asus n551jk and i want to do an oc on my gpu, i don`t know how to do it, pls someone help me

Hi!

If you want to overclock your Nvidia graphic card, then just download and use Nvidia Inspector utility or ASUS GPU Tweak utility.

On 7/5/2020 at 1:30 PM, Klem said:

Hi!

If you want to overclock your Nvidia graphic card, then just download and use Nvidia Inspector utility or ASUS GPU Tweak utility.

Hi Klem, i have a MSI GE60 2PC model with gtx850m and would like to overclock pass the 135MHz limit.  Would you please help to mod my bios? I tried to do it myself but the clock speed is unchanged after flashing. Here's a link to my stock bios extracted using AFUWIN64:  afuwin-BU.rom 

• Bios Modder
18 minutes ago, Overloadedx said:

Hi Klem, i have a MSI GE60 2PC model with gtx850m and would like to overclock pass the 135MHz limit.  Would you please help to mod my bios? I tried to do it myself but the clock speed is unchanged after flashing. Here's a link to my stock bios extracted using AFUWIN64:  afuwin-BU.rom 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.