R3 WIFI upgrade

andrei123

Has anybody upgraded the wifi card in their R3 to with the Intel 7260AC or Qualcomm Bigfoot-AC or some other?Is it working ok on Win8.1? I have now an Intel 6230 Advanced and I have some issues with the Intel drivers causing freezes.

Thanks

• 3 years later...
On ‎04‎.‎04‎.‎2015 at 9:43 AM, andrei123 said:

Has anybody upgraded the wifi card in their R3 to with the Intel 7260AC or Qualcomm Bigfoot-AC or some other?Is it working ok on Win8.1? I have now an Intel 6230 Advanced and I have some issues with the Intel drivers causing freezes.

Thanks

Got an Intel 7260 AC on my R1, worked perfect with the Intel Drivers.

• 1 year later...
On 11/12/2018 at 4:48 PM, Isegrim said:

Got an Intel 7260 AC on my R1, worked perfect with the Intel Drivers.

+1 on this, I recently picked up a 7260 off ebay for 7 bucks, can't beat that price, swapped out the old card, and downloaded the drivers and everything works great. Something of note, this has bluetooth as well, and for some reason my bluetooth stopped working, so this was a welcomed surprise