I need help

Acrylia

I'm new to messing with this kind of thing. So with that out of the way, I am trying to replace my GT70's gtx670m with a gtx770m. My problem start here I have installed new GPU but my comp won't recognize it as gtx770m so it is preventing me from installing the correct driver.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to messing with this kind of thing. So with that out of the way, I am trying to replace my GT70's gtx670m with a gtx770m. My problem start here I have installed new GPU but my comp won't recognize it as gtx770m so it is preventing me from installing the correct driver.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need a modded .inf to be able to install the drivers.

Nvidia .inf modding guide posted by J95 http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia/5249-%5Bguide%5D-modding-nvidia-oem-inf-files.html

i hope that you have also changed the heatsink for the GTX770, because the Fermi GTX670M heatsink is not compatible with the Kepler GTX770M. When you have a MS-16F3 or a MS-1762 Barebone than you need the 51x Bios to fit the GTX7**M series. From where you get the GTX770M ? Because when the cards comes from another MSI device, than you don´t need any modified drivers.

i hope that you have also changed the heatsink for the GTX770, because the Fermi GTX670M heatsink is not compatible with the Kepler GTX770M. When you have a MS-16F3 or a MS-1762 Barebone than you need the 51x Bios to fit the GTX7**M series. From where you get the GTX770M ? Because when the cards comes from another MSI device, than you don´t need any modified drivers.

I think the GTX is from an alienware. so I will have to redo the Bios to get this thing to work?