Clevo P150HM + AMD 7970M (fan at max speed and reboot)

PutanaMalaka

Hello,

I have Clevo P150HM with GTX 675M. However I have problem with this card described at this thread.

I've bought another GPU card which. It is AMD Radeon HD 7970M.

At this time I have second problem. When I turn on notebook fans goes at maximum speed, three leds from left side are blinking and after a dozen seconds the laptop reboots itself. It is possible to boot to windows but after few seconds after log in, it reboots. It doesn't matter if it is in BIOS or in Windows. Notebook always reboots after a dozen seconds.

post-33742-14494999697115_thumb.jpg

Do I have to flash other BIOS to GPU, however I've tried few BIOSes. Maybe to make it work under Clevo P150HM I need special BIOS?

Could someone help me in this problem?

post-33742-14494999696667_thumb.jpg

post-33742-14494999696896_thumb.jpg

I've tried all vBIOS versions for GTX 675M, however problem still exist. Afterwards I crossflashed it with GTX580M version, but I can not install drivers for it.

I've tried laptopvideo2go "349.90_win8x64" and "347.71_win8x64" but all the time I have information "The driver selected for this device does not support this version of Windows". I have Windows 8.1 x64 with disabled driver signature enforcement. I do not know how to install drivers for GTX 675M with crossflashed with GTX580M vBIOS.

That's not possible...it has to be DEV_1211 or DEV_1212

(Also 0.92v is maximum OV for these cards and not a good idea to begin with as they already run hot as they are).

I've installed drivers with Yours modded *.inf from above post. :)

However it shows me that I have GTX 675M, but I have flashed 580M vBIOS. :D

Earlier, when I has been installing drivers with Have a disc method I always choose GTX 580M.

At this time I had only to choose GTX 675M gpu for install drivers.

We don't use have disc method, but the regular installer to wipe old stuff clean first...

I named it GTX675M, could have named it PutanaMalaka...name doesn't change functionality. ;)

See if the card works now (use stock voltage vB).

Also if you flash that Clevo GTX675M vB, does the HWID change at all?

I am asking because 17 is an invalid ID and I wonder how the card is making that up. :)

When I flash stock 675M vBIOS it has 1212 HWID. However when I flash any of the 580M vBIOSes it change to 1211 in DOS but when I restart notebook i has 1217 in Windows. When I return to DOS and check (nvflash -- list) it has 1217. :)

I've tried flash 580M vBIOS and turn off and disconnect AC adapter for 10 minutes. After restart it has 1217 in DOS and Windows. It only has 1211 till restart notebook. :D

• 4 months later...