Alienware Logo Light not working!

My m17x r4 alienware logo just under the screen not lighting up, it lights up when I close the screen and open it again for like 3 sec or so.. tried deassembly and a fresh windows install ( 7 & 8 ). I also made sure it's not a software issue :(

any ideas guys, I'd realy like it to work

thank in advance, looking forward to an answer :) ...

When I bought my Alienware lapotop I had exacltly the same issue. It was still under warranty, so I called the Dell Support and they sended a guy to change the entire screen. But I think that the problem was in the connection of the screen and the lapotop.

When I bought my Alienware lapotop I had exacltly the same issue. It was still under warranty, so I called the Dell Support and they sended a guy to change the entire screen. But I think that the problem was in the connection of the screen and the lapotop.

yea it is, I tried reconnecting the cam and the logo light (same cable) in the board, but no help!

Ive had a very similar issue with all lights connecting to the screen not working. Anyways, there is a bard just next to the front alienware logo that might require replacing, or the cables connecting to it is loose or a mobo fault.

Check my thread here.

http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware/7093-default-alienware-18-logo-screen-back-lights-not-working-2.html#post100381

• 11 months later...

Everything you need to do is: just replace with LED Logo Board LS-834BP. I face the same issue, because the Led board near die, after replace with that part from ebay, the Logo text is lighting up again :) i am so happy

p/s: After replace, power up your laptop and wait, because the AW logo text light up with the Aw light control center (sorry my English isn't good)

Edited by anger_258

• 11 months later...

Hmm my M15X have this problem too. I already tried many way to fix the problem, but no success. Finally Dell change the whole board and it work. The technician said it was the failure on the board. I think you should claim warranty to Dell.

There is a guy in youtube that can reflash/reprogram the chip so that alienware light can light up again but i forgot his name hehehe