ldjambazov

Lenovo Thinkpad (Yoga, W, T series) wifi dropping or slow connection, Win 8.1

For most of the problems with the network cards dropping the WIFI signal the solution is to remove the Lenovo EMC Storage Program, which in turns removes the file called discovery.exe file. When running this file clogs your WIFI network with massive internal traffic, and no other device, including your Lenovo can connect to the Internet. With some more advanced routers you can still get some limited Internet connection.

You can try if this solution will fix your problem by going into the Task Manager, Services tab, and manually stop "Lenovo EMC Storage Program" service. Then go to the Details tab and force stop "discovery.exe" file, if still running.

If that fixes the your problem, then un-install the program called "Lenovo EMC Storage Program", and you are done. Just watch after that that your Lenovo Solution Center does NOT install it again.

Hope this will fix your problems.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By zepvalue
      Hello guys,
      Thanks for this incredible forum, I hope I will learn a lot from the gurus ! 

I am trying to make my eGpu MSI GT X970 work on my laptop   with K1100M integrated GPU. 

This are my specs:
      CPU: 2.7GHz Intel Core i7-4800MQ (quad-core, 6MB cache, up to 3.7GHz with Turbo Boost) PSU : ??? Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M / Intel HD Graphics 4600 RAM: 32 GB Storage: 1TB

I got a V8.0 EXP GDC Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock  with the express card version ( I am not really hw savy) and I am looking for a good psu to power my MSI GTX 970 4G  
      Could you kindly suggest a good PSU that i could use to power this GPU ? I am also willing to do as many experiments needed

Thanks for reading my post
      -zepvalue

• By aaurnab
      My system
      15.6" Lenovo Thinkpad P50 20EN

i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz CPU
      40GB RAM 2133mhz ddr4,
      Win 10 x64
      BPlus PE4L-EC060A 2.1b eGPU adapter
      GTX 960 DDR5 4GB
      350 W power supply result as attached pictures...

facing with windows crashing initially, updating driver problem solved... no 1.3 setup needed,
      from bios discreet graphics selected otherwise system will not start....
      1st have to install intel driver, then quadro driver, Plug PE4L, will be noticed new graphics adapter, then install latest Nvidia driver, mine is 378.49, 

That's it...

• By kelarius
      So I have a 3 year old Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga S1 that I travel with and I'm thinking of modding it a bit to take a GDC EXP Beast, my idea is to take out one of speakers and attach a female to female HDMI adapter in it's spot. From there i would use th emPCIe connector, coil it's cable up and connect it to one side of the adapter, seal the laptop up, then all I'd need to plug in the eGPU with a normal HDMI cable. Is this something that could work?
    • By Advokit
      Problem description 
      1. What's the problem?
      I have hooked up my eGPU through the ExpressCard Slot. I have installed all drivers. Under Device Manager it shows my eGPU. Sometimes it will show up with an error 12 but most of the time it does not. When I plug in the HDMI port to my TV, my TV acts like to it received a signal and fails displaying no signal. 
      2. Have you consulted the Troubleshooting FAQ to resolve the issue?
      I believe I have delved into it thoroughly but nothing has worked. Thank you for getting me this far, I have been at this for days.
      3. Have you consulted the Pre-Purchase FAQ --> "2. How can I check if my notebook is compatible with an eGPU?"
      Yes, I have also seen many videos and posts of people using my exact same laptop with wonderful success.

Platform Description
      Lenovo ThinkPad T420
      Windows 7 64bit SP1
      8gb Ram 
      XFX Radeon HD 6870 
      EVGA 400W PSU [+12V Max Current = 30 Amps]
      PE4C-EC060A V3.0 ( eGPU PCIe x16 interface for ExpressCard)

Notes
      There are two-3 position switches located on the board. I have them set at their default 1 and 1.
      The legend on the board notes this:
      SW1 - PERST# Delay - 1 | Disable - 2 | 9.8 seconds - 3 | 14.8 seconds
      SW2 - CLK Delay - 1 | Disable - 2 | 11.97 seconds - 3 | 16.9 seconds
      I have tried these in every possible combination.
      Any help resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.