Diablo 3

unreal25

I watched some gameplay videos online and I liked it a lot. Kind of missing old Diablo... I had great time with that game, playing it on a LAN party with friends. :)

What concerned me a little is that Blizzard just announced they are making a special Auction House where you will be able to trade items for real money. Further, they'll tax putting the items on the AH, successfully completing the AH transaction and even more they'll take some more money before you finally get credited on a credit/debit card. Also, constant internet connection and no LAN option.... just doesn't seem very attractive. :(

Your thoughts? I think this will put gold farmers on a whole new level. Now you can actually earn real money directly by grinding gold in the game. Seems like an awful idea to me.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2397-Diablo-3-Auction-House-Announced-Spend-and-Earn-Real-Life-Money!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unreal I feel the same way, the Auction idea is ridiculous for those who want a authentic game experience. I look forward to the game anyway thoug, I will play it anyway but will stay away from the AH. Other than that downfall I am looking forward to this game and also a fan of the series.

• 2 years later...

Blizzard has just announced that in march 2014 they will remove auction house from the game. Im looking forward for expansion (REAPER OF SOUL) and LOOT 2.0 cause gear that we can fing is too simple and repetitive :(

Diablo 3 was a disaster quest-wise and loot-wise but the overall gameplay I enjoyed and that is was so simple to join a party with my friends.....however I really liked to be able to play on a LAN with some friends and slashing away like madmen in the darkness :)

• 2 weeks later...

Diablo 3 is garbage, seriously. Reinstall Diablo 2 if you want to play Diablo. You'll spend the first 50 hours of D3 playing on ridiculously easy difficulty levels, then you'll get to challenging difficulty levels and find yourself being FORCED to buy gear in the auction hall to clear content. Worst. RPG. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Path of Exile looks interesting. One review said the multiplayer was good, but the solo play was not good. Also it is free to play? Those worry me, as you need to spend to win. Is it fun in solo play without spending any money? Oh, and that skill tree has to be seen to be believed, serriously, wow.

Path of Exile looks interesting. One review said the multiplayer was good, but the solo play was not good. Also it is free to play? Those worry me, as you need to spend to win. Is it fun in solo play without spending any money? Oh, and that skill tree has to be seen to be believed, serriously, wow.

PoE is great IMO.

Although it is F2P, the paying members don't have an incredibly unfair advantage. Also, the F2P content is huge.

I just started up in PoE again, after playing a bit of the closed beta. It feels the same for the most part, which I guess is fine, but the animations and "feel" is still really clunky feeling. But, it's a fun diversion after playing way too much D3. Looking forward to the EXP for D3 a lot more than playing tons of PoE :P.

• 3 weeks later...

Just for clarification, yes Path of Exile is "Free to Play," but it's not "pay to win." Most of it's micro transactions are cosmetic (for example glowing weapons/armour, or an elemental effect on your sword) and the only thing that isn't cosmetic is increased storage for you stash (basically the "bank" that all character on your account can access). Even without that purchase you should be fine for quite awhile, as the stash has four fairly large sections.

The only gripe I have with PoE is that it's online only. However considering what you're getting for free I can look past that (unlike with Diablo III).

• 3 months later...

The new D3 2.0 patch is like a new game. Months ago I bought a weapon for 1mil gold on the auction house and it was the best I could find. I got a new weapon off of an elite within half an hour of playing the new patch and its much better.

Just for clarification, yes Path of Exile is "Free to Play," but it's not "pay to win." Most of it's micro transactions are cosmetic (for example glowing weapons/armour, or an elemental effect on your sword) and the only thing that isn't cosmetic is increased storage for you stash (basically the "bank" that all character on your account can access). Even without that purchase you should be fine for quite awhile, as the stash has four fairly large sections.

The only gripe I have with PoE is that it's online only. However considering what you're getting for free I can look past that (unlike with Diablo III).

I'm going to try PoE. It looks interesting from skill standpoint as there are so many builds to choose from.

Path of Exile is a nice alternative to Diablo, played it alot more then diablo 3. I just find the Endgame to be pretty unrewarding. The time from level 30 to level 70 was the most fun for me, you could always find something new and progressed a decent amout for the time you invested. After that it gets extremly grindy, in 3 hours playing I found maybe 2 chaos orbs...

I think they could have done so much more for the expansion. I still have the feeling they need some kind of endless dungeon, or something that gets progressively harder, not just by switching difficulty. I'm not sure yet wether the addon is worth buying :/

• 2 weeks later...
They really need to change there stance on online only DRM. I will buy Diablo 3 and all its expansions the day it no longer has online DRM.

You will be waiting for a while then. Blizz has no plans to change that.

On another note, is anyone going for the expansion? I feel it's more like a DLC thus doesn't justify the price they are asking for it.

They really need to change there stance on online only DRM. I will buy Diablo 3 and all its expansions the day it no longer has online DRM.

I'm afraid that won't be happening any time soon, maybe another 5 years minimum.

I don't think they will change their stance on that, not for another 5 years at least imho.