GPU not registering

Victolee

Hello all,

For a while now with my lenovo Y580 there has been an issue with many games not reading my GT 660M. When playing games like Divinity Original Sin and Medieval Engineers my integrated graphics card is the only card being read by the games. I've searched the internet for solutions, but no luck. I was wondering if anyone has figured out a solution to this problem?

It might be so it's just displaying the GPU incorrectly while still using the 660m- had that thing a while ago with a Radeon GPU. If the game peformance is alright then there's nothing to be worried about..

Have you tried to press the Graphics switch button? At least my laptop brings a key to switch between I/D graphics. Also, I have a friend that his computer automatically switches the graphics when they are demanded.

I've had this happen with my wife's optimus-enabled laptop. To fix the problem I needed to go into the global application settings in the NVidia control panel and enable/force dedicated GPU acceleration for all programs, effectively disabling optimus. Otherwise some games/programs just refused to switch to the discrete GPU. This was pretty annoying considering that optimus support was one of the reasons why we picked this particular laptop.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

First of all try instal Lenovo Energy Managment and change powet state to Dynamic graphics in it. Then go to nvidia panel and set High Performance for application you want. Remember that the exe you open can be not this one runing as app you see. For example you can have launcher.exe and game.exe, so set high performance in nv control panel for game.exe.

• 3 months later...