Alienware 17 880M upgrade to 970M

Hello,

My friend and I both have a alienware 17 with gtx 880m models, and we had bought on ebay one gtx 970m sli kit for both of us do an upgrade on our alienware 17. I made a huge search and I couldn't find any VBIOS with basic values ​​for our aliens. Not even overclocked also!

Any owner of alienware with 970m could up the VBIOS for us?

Thanks!!

by the way, I forgot to mention, I had tested the VGA with the stock vbios and the alienware starts to beeps 8 times

You probably need to try the modded .inf driver, worth to try.

Good luck mate!

Up,

Now the GPU is recognized in windows but when installing the driver system keeps crashing...

I didn't change the vbios, just upgrade my AW17 bios to A14.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

My friend and I both have a alienware 17 with gtx 880m models, and we had bought on ebay one gtx 970m sli kit for both of us do an upgrade on our alienware 17. I made a huge search and I couldn't find any VBIOS with basic values ​​for our aliens. Not even overclocked also!

Any owner of alienware with 970m could up the VBIOS for us?

Thanks!!

by the way, I forgot to mention, I had tested the VGA with the stock vbios and the alienware starts to beeps 8 times

i had issues getting drivers when i was installing an aftermarket card in my M15X. nvidia drivers would not install and i couldnt find any aftermarket ones, i just used Drivermax and surprisingly it found a working driver right away. hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

and let me know if your gonna sell an 880m, i could use an upgrade from my 860m.

• 2 months later...