GT60 ONC (MS-16F3), 670m dead, upgrading to770m/870m?

ShinGlacier

Hello guys, first time posting here!

I had this GT60 for 2 years, then 3 months ago the 670m died, and i'd like to know if you guys could help me out...

Should i go with the 770m or the 870m? Will i need to flash/mod anything to replace it?

I've been keeping an eye on these :

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M 3GB DDR5 for Clevo MSI Alienware Upgrade Monkey | eBay

or

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M 6GB DDR5 for Clevo MSI Alienware Upgrademonkey | eBay

or

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M 3GB DDR5 for Clevo MSI Alienware Upgrademonkey | eBay

(no ad intended, haha)

Since i never did anything like this i'd really appreciate any input =)

Thanks in advance!

You need 3 things:

1. the 51x Bios Zippyshare.com

2. a new Heatsink: New MSI MEDION Heat Sink nVidia GTX780 GTX770 E31-0406580-Y31 | eBay or New MSI MEDION Heat Sink nVidia GTX670MX GTX675MX GTX680M E31-0406162-Y31 | eBay

3. the proper Card: MSI GTX770 M Nvidia GTX 770M GPU 3GB MXM 3.0 N14E-GS-A1 | eBay because this is the MSI Version of the Card, you don´t new modified driver !

alternatively you can directly buy the GT72 upgrade kit, this costs about 500Euro with a 970M. Since you have the X-bracket removed from the back side of the card and just buy a heat pipe because only (Kepler versions of the above are compatible after you have modified it)

From where you are ?

You need 3 things:

1. the 51x Bios Zippyshare.com

2. a new Heatsink: New MSI MEDION Heat Sink nVidia GTX780 GTX770 E31-0406580-Y31 | eBay or New MSI MEDION Heat Sink nVidia GTX670MX GTX675MX GTX680M E31-0406162-Y31 | eBay

3. the proper Card: MSI GTX770 M Nvidia GTX 770M GPU 3GB MXM 3.0 N14E-GS-A1 | eBay because this is the MSI Version of the Card, you don´t new modified driver !

alternatively you can directly buy the GT72 upgrade kit, this costs about 500Euro with a 970M. Since you have the X-bracket removed from the back side of the card and just buy a heat pipe because only (Kepler versions of the above are compatible after you have modified it)

From where you are ?

Wouldn't a 870M be better? Or if you have the 970M kit link, can you please post it?

I'm from Brazil, so i'll have to import everything anyways haha

@iTzZent as u'have suggested 51x bios to ShinGlacier for upgrading the gpu of 7xxm series.so his notebook's bios recognize and detect 7xxm series gpus.

i also have the same notebook gt60 0nc with dead gtx 670m. and i've taken a gpu gtx 580m from friend's alienware m18xr2. but problem is that gpu is not recognized by my gt60. is there any bios available ? so that 580m is recognizable by my gt60.