CPU/GPU repaste question-disassemble

post-32635-14494999602444_thumb.jpg

So I'm doing my first repasting job in my MSI GT70 20C (CPU and GPU), it has a connected heat pipe from the CPU to the GPU.

All of the guides that I have watched of a GT70 didn't have the connected heat pipes. So my questions is:

After I remove the cooling fan, should I disassemble everything together (the CPU and the GPU heat pipes/sinks) as one giant piece, or do I need to take apart the bridge heat pipe that connects the GPU to the CPU first since it rests on top of the CPU heat pipe?

Also, for the sticky pads (in video guides they were white but mine seem black) if they become disconnected, how do I re-attach when reassembling?

thanks!

Hello,

Habe a look to this tutorial. He did a cpu and gpu repaste on the GT60 but the heatsinks are equal to the GT70.

If you have any questions please ask :)

Best regards!

PS: PLEASE DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY!!!! YOU CAN DAMAGE YOUR NOTEBOOK..