M18x R2 Crashing

Hey guys, for about the last month my computer has been freezing and then restarting when under load. the problem has been getting worse to the point that now internet explorer will make it restart. I suspect the GPU's are failing because taking the oc off the gpu's was the only thing that improved the issue but didn't fix it. Right now I'm running on integrated graphics and so far no issues. Any thoughts on this, I'm I right about it being the GPU's failing? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello,

I think the gpu's are faulty too...

So please have a look into the event display in windows and look for nvklm..... mistakes..

I would try to do a clean install with the nvidia driver. Have a look for a tutorial in google.

Best regards!

Hey hans123, thanks for helping. Is event display the event viewer? If so I did not find any nvklm anything. I am currently downloading the latest driver and will do a clean install. I have limited bandwidth a day so it might be another day or two before it has finished downloading. Also so far it hasn't crashed on battery but the gpu's are limited to P8 on battery so that might be why.

Just had two crashes that were different. The screen went black and then the computer beeped one beep per second. After the second time it failed to boot 5 times, finally got into the desktop and switched to integrated graphics. Now there is a lot in the event viewer. Event id 41 - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event id 4 - Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

Event id 1001 - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa801fcfc4e0, 0xfffff880057a5f38, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 030715-30076-01.

Event 7026 - The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

AFD

BHDrvx64

ccSet_N360

CSC

DfsC

discache

eeCtrl

HWiNFO32

IDSVia64

NetBIOS

NetBT

nsiproxy

Psched

rdbss

spldr

SRTSP

SRTSPX

SymIRON

SymNetS

tdx

vpcnfltr

vpcvmm

vwififlt

Wanarpv6

WfpLwf

Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

and some others just saying the shutdown was unexpected. Any thoughts?

Everything I've tried has failed. Guess I'll be looking at replacing the cards. I would like to keep two cards, but can't afford them now so I was thinking about one GTX 880M for now and then getting another one later. As far as I can tell one 880m should be about the same performance wise as my two 675m's. Will the 880m work with my M18X R2, and would I need a better heatsink? At stock speeds the 675m would stay at 79 degrees wile running heaven benchmark. So if there are no more suggestions to get my cards running, never crashed on battery I suspect because the power state is limited on battery. I also noticed the voltage is still going to .92 v instead of .87 v even tho I put the stock vbios back on.