M18x R1 780m fans not working

I recently installed my new 780m. I started playing Arma 3 and I watched my temps climb to 90c pretty quickly. The card throttled itself like it was supposed to and the game started to lag. I tabbed out to look at PrecisionX and try and set a new fan curve because they wouldn't turn on. Then, all of a sudden, the fans turned on pretty high and dropped the temps down to 52c rapidly. I was able to play for a couple of hours with no problem. I tried to start up DayZ and the fans wont turn on at all after sitting at 90c for a while.

Whats going on? How do I get the fans to turn on before it reaches 90c for an extended period of time?

• 1 month later...
I recently installed my new 780m. I started playing Arma 3 and I watched my temps climb to 90c pretty quickly. The card throttled itself like it was supposed to and the game started to lag. I tabbed out to look at PrecisionX and try and set a new fan curve because they wouldn't turn on. Then, all of a sudden, the fans turned on pretty high and dropped the temps down to 52c rapidly. I was able to play for a couple of hours with no problem. I tried to start up DayZ and the fans wont turn on at all after sitting at 90c for a while.

Whats going on? How do I get the fans to turn on before it reaches 90c for an extended period of time?

Hey, I have a similar issue, mine won't turn on the fans until it reaches a high temp (over 60C), once on, they lower the temp down to 40 C and turn off again, letting it climb back to over 60 C, the cycle repeats forever. Same scenario if I am playing a game with the only difference that the temp range increases from 60 C to 85 C

I am checking if that behaviour can be corrected by flashing to an unlocked BIOS.

What BIOS are you using?