MacBook Pro w/Retina 2015

Ruuke

Curious what people around here think about using the Macbook Pro w/Retina for mobile gaming. I'm hoping this year's model comes out with the equivalent of the 860m so we can get some Maxwell goodness. I'm thinking about picking one up as a dual-use work/gaming laptop if they put a decent GPU in it. A single 750m just doesn't quite cut it for me.

Anyone else hoping for the same?

• 3 months later...

Yeah I was too... But then I saw the specs for the refresh:

"AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching"

It looks like they are switching to AMD, and with AMD's take on driver support, I am not sure how this will perform.

• 2 weeks later...

I have it. Personally the Graphics card is complete and utter garbage for the 2,500 dollar price tag. The Processor, and everything else is fast and efficient. You're better off with a razer blade, but Apple won't accept my return so I'm stuck with it. However Im not completely hopeless. I found out about eGPUs and that should solve the shit GPU problem

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

It's one of the best laptops, which I could use, even in comparing with some more expensive models with MacOS pre-installed. And you know, it's pretty important for any Mac user to know features and options, that MacOS has in it's software solutions. I've been searching and looking for different web resources, where I could find useful tips and tricks, and software recommendations, and I found Setapp website, with it's article about snipping tools for Mac. You can click this site to get more information about it, and get all the needed information about this type of software for Mac.

Edited by antonio15vb

• 2 weeks later...