when will release the new Alienware 18 sli 980 / 970M

LaPioute

• 3 weeks later...

Alienware has stopped producing the SLI capable 18 versions. They now only make the 17 with single 980m, with an option for that gigantic Graphics Amplifier contraption, which in my opinion defeats the purpose of a gaming laptop. It's a huge setback to Alienware fans, and many are jumping ship because of it. If you ask me, Dell just dug their own grave...

• 1 month later...

quoting wikipedia

• Alienware 18 - 2014/2015 Updated version of the Alienware 18 or "M18x R3"; updated with Intel Haswell micro architecture processors, Double Nvidia 800m Series, up to 32 GB of DDR3-1600 MHz, and optional overclock.

so i guess you can only buy 800m SLI for now

quoting wikipedia

• Alienware 18 - 2014/2015 Updated version of the Alienware 18 or "M18x R3"; updated with Intel Haswell micro architecture processors, Double Nvidia 800m Series, up to 32 GB of DDR3-1600 MHz, and optional overclock.

so i guess you can only buy 800m SLI for now

True but you can only purchase what is left over as there is no more production after the 880m models and their track record wasn't very good as they were subject to GPU throttling troubles along with high temps. I would suggest the latest frame model with the 780m gpu and 4900 series i7 cpu if you can find one. Just my opinion.

• 4 months later...
True but you can only purchase what is left over as there is no more production after the 880m models and their track record wasn't very good as they were subject to GPU throttling troubles along with high temps. I would suggest the latest frame model with the 780m gpu and 4900 series i7 cpu if you can find one. Just my opinion.

About a month ago, Dell brought back the Alienware 18 (assumption being backlash from consumers], so the sli cable should be available to purchase (whether you'll find it anywhere else but from Dell directly is another question). As far as graphics, I believe it comes with either 2 4GB 980M's or 2 4GB R9 M290X's