EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
MT1

LAPTOP DSR WINDOWS 10 Preview

...Hi all. I felt i must post this info. Today i installed windows 10 preview again here on my P370SM. 680M sli.I wanted to try out a driver that "Cyris" posted on a guru 3d forum. (349.72) here is the forum : windows 10 directx driver 349.65 windows update - Page 3 - Guru3D.com Forums . here is the driver i downloaded : 349.65-desktop-win10-64bit-international-beta . It worked ok. When i came to set the nvidia control panel to my preferred settings there was the option for "DSR" I tried it and it seemed to work.I have not used DSR before but i defiantly felt that it was working. BTW i had to add my gpu hardware id the "nv_dispiwu.inf" file. Cheers! : )

• Thumbs Up 3

Did you notice a drop in fps after enabling it? That's one way to know it's on.

Did you notice a drop in fps after enabling it? That's one way to know it's on.

no... actually i did not. I did find that in BF4 with that driver i was getting much better frame rates, much higher than normal! Im guessing this is to do with the limited Directx 12 support? The driver ran well to start with but then i ran in to a bad stutter problem. Beacuse i installed windows 10 preview on a raid 0 set up, when i go into safe boot to uninstall the driver with Display Driver Uninstaller, windows 10 gives me an error stating that it can not recognize my hardware.To uninstall that driver properly i will have to reinstall the whole system again. I may do this again to day and try a fresh install of it. CODAW still ran very well but that is all the games i had available to try. I still did not notice a frame drop in CODAW with DSR on. :confusion: Again im not sure if the limited support for Directx 12 is covering the lack of frame rate drop.

Maybe I'll put 10 on a VHD again and try it out, it's been since the first consumer preview that I tried it.

Wonder if OC works lol. That would be perfect

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Is DSR possible in windows 8 OS?

I doubt that driver would install on 8. My guess is its a WDDM 2.0 driver built specifically for 10 running on a desktop nVidia card which is why it needs the INF mod.

no... actually i did not. I did find that in BF4 with that driver i was getting much better frame rates, much higher than normal! Im guessing this is to do with the limited Directx 12 support? The driver ran well to start with but then i ran in to a bad stutter problem. Beacuse i installed windows 10 preview on a raid 0 set up, when i go into safe boot to uninstall the driver with Display Driver Uninstaller, windows 10 gives me an error stating that it can not recognize my hardware.To uninstall that driver properly i will have to reinstall the whole system again. I may do this again to day and try a fresh install of it. CODAW still ran very well but that is all the games i had available to try. I still did not notice a frame drop in CODAW with DSR on. :confusion: Again im not sure if the limited support for Directx 12 is covering the lack of frame rate drop.

BF4 and CoD:AW are DX11 not DX12. DX12 games don't release until the holidays.

No drop means DSR isn't working. SSAA has a massive impact on FPS.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there any way to get ahold of the DX12 swarm benchmark I wonder?

I doubt that driver would install on 8. My guess is its a WDDM 2.0 driver built specifically for 10 running on a desktop nVidia card which is why it needs the INF mod.

If it's an .inf mod, do you have an idea what .inf file is it located in displaydriver folder?

BF4 and CoD:AW are DX11 not DX12. DX12 games don't release until the holidays.

No drop means DSR isn't working. SSAA has a massive impact on FPS.

Ok.... thank you!;) I was lead to believe in you-tube vids i watched about Directx 12, that when Directx 12 is running, all games will be processed in the same way, IE processed more through the gpu than the cpu.I did not realize that they had to be Directx 12 compatible I thought Directx 12 was backwards compatible.

To see the benefits of DX12 (a low level API) you need games that are built around it. See the star swarm benchmark that Anandtech had benches on: AnandTech | The DirectX 12 Performance Preview: AMD, NVIDIA, & Star Swarm

Wish they made that public.

Installed W10 to a VHD file on my RAID SSDs and its installing everything now for updates. Then I'll download steam and link my library and start messing around once I get my touch pad working right.

Wish they made that public.

They probably will at some point since they plan to build a game around that demo/engine. But releasing it right now would probably be premature since older architectures like Fermi and GCN 1.0 don't work currently with DX 12.

They probably will at some point since they plan to build a game around that demo/engine. But releasing it right now would probably be premature since older architectures like Fermi and GCN 1.0 don't work currently with DX 12.

I understand that but it's a tease to have DX12 and not be able to test it out.

I understand that but it's a tease to have DX12 and not be able to test it out.

I'm sure we'll see something very soon from the likes of Futuremark.

I don't know why but I don't have DSR.

29334646714f09e091b105017d3e0cb9.jpg

Sleeping Dogs is a DX11 game. So is Bioshock Infinite. No DSR.

Turn off SLI and see if it appears.

Well now it's rebooting every time I install an app... Wtf. Glad I did this on a VHD... I think I'll be trashing it sooner than later.

Not gonna believe this, clicking the start menu reboots it. Ugh, I'm gonna try a refresh and if not a clean install. It does it again it's done.

Bioshock Infinite and 3DMark with DSR set to 4x native... No change in visual quality or the scores. So no, DSR is not working at this time. Sorry to report that.

It's odd that DSR is a global setting only. I think it's a bug that it's there at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

post-20957-14494999516392_thumb.png

Maby it is a bug. I felt i should upload this screen capture to clarify my first post.I also have the BSOD when i hit the windows 10 start button, only if there is another window open on screen at the same time.Im sorry for posting the first post.I would not have posted anything if i did not feel at the time it may have been relevant. With no frame drop when the DSR is selected, i guess it is not working. :distrust: Cheers!

...Yesterday i accidentally came across a forum where a person could not get there DSR working. A person replied stating that to make DSR work you have to run in full screen mode.I did not try full screen mode.I always use windowed borderless. I wondered if you still have the VHD of win 10 and could test that easily.

...Yesterday i accidentally came across a forum where a person could not get there DSR working. A person replied stating that to make DSR work you have to run in full screen mode.I did not try full screen mode.I always use windowed borderless. I wondered if you still have the VHD of win 10 and could test that easily.

I always run Full-screen unless I'm playing Watch Dogs

I always run Full-screen unless I'm playing Watch Dogs

Ok, thanks Ethrem.