Samsung 840 evo slow speeds m17x r3?

rslatara

So this drive seems to have a slow read write speed in the m17x r3? why?

What BIOS or drive or option in BIOS is to be enabled to get SATA III speeds?

Help will be appreciated here.

Also does putting drives into RAID instead of AHCI from the get go give better speeds?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

post-24743-14494999452048_thumb.png

To get a RAID 0 you must have 2 identical devices. And it must be on the channel of raid 0. Like msi have 2 msata slot, and you can connect two same ssd and enable from bios it. For example RAID 0 is like a dual channel ram.

However if you have one port sata 3 and your device is sata 3, automatically it will function with sata 3 speed. Check your port, and what your motherboard support.

IMHO

I am aware of how raid works, wanting to know how to get full speeds in the m17x r3. I was thinking was the AHCI gimped and just to put it in default RAID with no configuration would I get SATA 3 speeds. Was 360-400+ in an m6600 now its 260 wish.

The maximum speed of a device is only theoretical. For example in a test, based on the length of the write lock, you have a different speed. I repeat that if the door is sata 3, and the device is sata 3, you will have the highest speed available on your configuration. And I repeat that benchmarks are just numbers, are not entirely truthful. raid 0 or 1 you can do with the two HDD (same space, same speed same cache, identical.) not with a single SSD and a HDD. I do not understand what you see strange if you know how the raid works.

If a ssd supports speeds up as 500mb/s, you can achieve it only if you put two of their in raid.