EC Flash went wrong on an Clevo W350/W355

Hy,

my EC flash on an Clevo W350/W355 (Schenker XMG A504) went wrong. Screen stays black but USB access indicator and Laptop LED are working. the fan speeds up when i keep holding fn+b, which tells me that the keyboard is still working despite the failed ec flash.

Any hints on how to get this working again?

I´ve found the perma recovery guide for failed bios flashes, is there an equivalent for ec?

Thanks in advance.

cheers!

Bad news, thanks anyways!

The USB access indicator at the flash drive is on, and no matter what key i hit all LEDs on the laptop start flashing. Screen stays black.

So CMOS reset apparently did not work. Most probably need to send it in. Should i rather send it to XMG/Schenker or the german Clevo Service partner?

Clevo Germany

cheers

Are you sure you flashed the EC and not the BIOS? No BIOS flash involved at all? OR maybe you flashed an EC for another system?

Try this file for FN+B: https://mega.co.nz/#!7FkhERrY!_6oYJhhhk7UAqiIHzh5VRjMF0pvSdUt8NVBhZBUUSdc

If it is indeed the EC, then you will need a new motherboard as no re-seller will be able to reprogram the firmware hosted directly in the 133PIN ITE controller as its documentation and required programmer software is still classified.

When we use FN+B the BIOS on the USB is booted from instead the one on the system, so yeah, there is a small chance that it'll at least boot to flash the correct ones.

I'll prepare a file for you later...

Try to use this file for FN+B: https://mega.co.nz/#!qF8FlTKJ!lIidophm0-UTrHljNRIzPtJ54391Hr-DSgh3FPs9lU0

Also keep the W350SS stock files on another USB stick to return to stock (if you get it booted):

http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/3119-%5Bbios-vbios-mods%5D-prema-mod-stock.html#post54054

I´ll try that tonight!

Thanks!

Hy,

tried your file. The A504/W355SS is not booting with the P504/P150SM bios. Screen stays black, fan starts when pressing any key. :(

I tried the method on my P303/W230ST which is working fine and booting into recovery.

Seems like i need to send it in.

Cheers!