M17x R4 - GPU fan stopped working - HWINFO only solution? Questions...

Hyperfish

So many questions.... bare with me...

So my GPU fan stopped working properly. It spins a bit at power-on; goes flat out when flashing bios; but never to spin again in Windows.

This happened after trying to get a 780M to work in my R4 (I suspect that the card has issues).

I had flashed the system bios from A13 back to A11, then A11 unlocked.

Maybe it's coincidence that the GPU fan stopped working properly at around this point.

I've read that many people have this problem.

Can we really know what causes this? If it's fan tables getting screwed up, you would think re-flashing the bios would correct that? But it doesn't.

Do we know where the EC sensors / controllers are located? Is it a separate chip on the motherboard? Part of an integrated circuit?

If we can't find this information, is HWINFO the only workable solution? (besides buying another motherboard for HUGE $$ that could develop the same problem at any time)

Peoples... your wisdom please.

So many questions.... bare with me...

So my GPU fan stopped working properly. It spins a bit at power-on; goes flat out when flashing bios; but never to spin again in Windows.

This happened after trying to get a 780M to work in my R4 (I suspect that the card has issues).

I had flashed the system bios from A13 back to A11, then A11 unlocked.

Maybe it's coincidence that the GPU fan stopped working properly at around this point.

I've read that many people have this problem.

Can we really know what causes this? If it's fan tables getting screwed up, you would think re-flashing the bios would correct that? But it doesn't.

Do we know where the EC sensors / controllers are located? Is it a separate chip on the motherboard? Part of an integrated circuit?

If we can't find this information, is HWINFO the only workable solution? (besides buying another motherboard for HUGE $$ that could develop the same problem at any time)

Peoples... your wisdom please.

You can try getting out the rpm wire and pwm wire ( the two on the midle ) , the fan will get contiuous 5V and should run at full speed wih no regulation. Use a little flat srewdriver to pull the pin out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...