Hey members! I bought my Lenovo y510p in the summer. I tought it is excellent but after some time i realized how bad this laptop is. I paid 1300euros for this thing and now I have many problems. First is overheating. I tried to change my thermal paste with (Arctic MX-2) It's not reduceing my temps at all. Only solution what reduced my temps were fan control. Second problem is that I can't play my favourite game NBA 2k15. I can't play it even on lowest settings. No matter what i do I can only get about 53fps. What do you guys think, what I should do? I have a headache because of this Lenovo machine. Any help is appreciated. cheers! :distracted:

Hey, a smarter solution is to try an OC of your GPU, that's GT750M ddr5 memory but you can get less more fps, about 5-6 . But if you already have overheat problem, i think you can't do anymore else. However at your own risk you can try to search on this forum the appropriate settings for your gpu. Or if you would to spend or you already have a desktop gpu, you can take a look in the section DIY e Gpu. Moreover the paste does not work miracles, but there are better ones.

IMHO

If you want a sweet gaming rig Desktop is the way to go. On the other hand you could try the newer NVidia drivers, I had an issue with one of the older drivers a couple of months back. I've played BF4 and BioShock Infinite with no issues at decent settings on my y510p.

Minimum System Requirements:

• Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or better
  • Memory: 2 or more GB RAM
  • Graphics: DirecteX 10.1 compatible (512MB) or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 50 or more GB available space
  • Sound Card: 9.0c compatible

Honestly I don't know why you're having issues. If you have the Ultrabay card, sometimes a new driver update disables the second card, take a look in the NVidia Control Panel...

• 2 weeks later...
Hey members! I bought my Lenovo y510p in the summer. I tought it is excellent but after some time i realized how bad this laptop is. I paid 1300euros for this thing and now I have many problems. First is overheating. I tried to change my thermal paste with (Arctic MX-2) It's not reduceing my temps at all. Only solution what reduced my temps were fan control. Second problem is that I can't play my favourite game NBA 2k15. I can't play it even on lowest settings. No matter what i do I can only get about 53fps. What do you guys think, what I should do? I have a headache because of this Lenovo machine. Any help is appreciated. cheers! :distracted:

Have you tried getting one of those usb cooling pads to put under the laptop.. obviously more for when you have your laptop setup on a desk but i found that the cooling pad really lowered the heat output

Two items: first make sure that if you have SLI make sure it is enabled in the NVidia Control Panel (each driver update seems to disable SLI on my laptop) and second, check your power profile in Windows Power Management (I discovered it sometimes sets max CPU to 80% usage even in high power mode). Hope this helps!

As for the heat, it definitely pays to have a cooling pad with this notebook.