EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

Hey members! I bought my Lenovo y510p in the summer. I tought it is excellent but after some time i realized how bad this laptop is. I paid 1300euros for this thing and now I have many problems. First is overheating. I tried to change my thermal paste with (Arctic MX-2) It's not reduceing my temps at all. Only solution what reduced my temps were fan control. Second problem is that I can't play my favourite game NBA 2k15. I can't play it even on lowest settings. No matter what i do I can only get about 53fps. What do you guys think, what I should do? I have a headache because of this Lenovo machine. Any help is appreciated. cheers! :distracted:

Hey, a smarter solution is to try an OC of your GPU, that's GT750M ddr5 memory but you can get less more fps, about 5-6 . But if you already have overheat problem, i think you can't do anymore else. However at your own risk you can try to search on this forum the appropriate settings for your gpu. Or if you would to spend or you already have a desktop gpu, you can take a look in the section DIY e Gpu. Moreover the paste does not work miracles, but there are better ones.

IMHO

If you want a sweet gaming rig Desktop is the way to go. On the other hand you could try the newer NVidia drivers, I had an issue with one of the older drivers a couple of months back. I've played BF4 and BioShock Infinite with no issues at decent settings on my y510p.

Minimum System Requirements:

• Processor: Intel Core2 Duo or better
  • Memory: 2 or more GB RAM
  • Graphics: DirecteX 10.1 compatible (512MB) or better
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 50 or more GB available space
  • Sound Card: 9.0c compatible

Honestly I don't know why you're having issues. If you have the Ultrabay card, sometimes a new driver update disables the second card, take a look in the NVidia Control Panel...

Yes, the later nvidia drivers did improve temperatures. I play BF4 and WatchDogs. Both work fine with high textures. Also its helpful to raise the laptop a bit using a pen or something stable and no fabric like bedsheet or pillow below it.

Hey members! I bought my Lenovo y510p in the summer. I tought it is excellent but after some time i realized how bad this laptop is. I paid 1300euros for this thing and now I have many problems. First is overheating. I tried to change my thermal paste with (Arctic MX-2) It's not reduceing my temps at all. Only solution what reduced my temps were fan control. Second problem is that I can't play my favourite game NBA 2k15. I can't play it even on lowest settings. No matter what i do I can only get about 53fps. What do you guys think, what I should do? I have a headache because of this Lenovo machine. Any help is appreciated. cheers! :distracted:

Have you tried getting one of those usb cooling pads to put under the laptop.. obviously more for when you have your laptop setup on a desk but i found that the cooling pad really lowered the heat output

I have a y510p and I've never had overheating problems because I always have it on top of a cooling pad that I got awhile ago. It works great and should remove any heating problems you have.

Two items: first make sure that if you have SLI make sure it is enabled in the NVidia Control Panel (each driver update seems to disable SLI on my laptop) and second, check your power profile in Windows Power Management (I discovered it sometimes sets max CPU to 80% usage even in high power mode). Hope this helps!

As for the heat, it definitely pays to have a cooling pad with this notebook.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By thinkdad
      Hi,

I need help in fixing my Thinkpad.

I just got a T440p yesterday. It was working perfectly until the following:

I reinstalled Windows and then I installed Vantage.

I installed all the latest drivers.
      I also choose to install the bios update. The bios update ran in Windows and it asked me to restart. After restarting, the screen was blank. I tried powering it off and on and I saw the Thinkpad logo but after that the screen was blank.

I tried powering on and off again and there's no Thinkpad logo now and the screen is just blank with the green power on. No sound, no nothing.

Here's what I tried:
      Pressing the power button 10 times and then holding it for 30 seconds. Unplugged and battery is detachted Detached the CMOS battery and the reattached it Removed the ram, harddisk and optical disk drive. Attached the battery and inserted the charger. I turned it on and there was a couple of beeps Tried pressing FN+R and created a bootable USB I'd like to ask: How do I fix this? What do I need to do?
      Can I reflash the bios in some other way? Do I need to buy a new motherboard? Will this solve the issue? It's my first thinkpad and I'm really excited but I was bummed out that this happened. Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance!
    • By Awesome14
      Over the last 10 years I've found laptops throttle the processor speed in order to keep fan noise down. I prefer the fan to run noisily, and the processor to run at full speed. I've developed tried and true mods for lappies and have demonstrated their effectiveness.

I have two Lenovo W541 laptop workstations with I7-4940MX processors and discrete nVidia graphics. On one I overhauled the cooling. Copper shim between CPU and hsf, AS5 on both sides. Shims between hsf and inductors near CPU and gpu, and shim on the gpu.

Used 'thinkpad_acpi' Linux kernel module to set fan to max speed. Ran mprime (prime95 for Linux) AND Unigine Heaven, alternating,  to cure the AS5. Then ran mprime. Temps were slightly high. But laptop processors tend to run hot. 

The I7-4940MX is a 3.1 GHz, 4.0GHz. Turbo processor. The modded machine ran at 3GHz. continuously running mprime, for weeks. The unmodded machine with the same max-fan-speed software tweak and stock thermal-interface material, throttled to 1.7GHz.  at the same running temps.

Clearly, laptop manufacturers are robbing performance off the top, by inferior cooling hardware and materials. Granted, getting the cooling mod to all fit together correctly with smooth, flat surfaces requires hours of work and materials not normally found sitting around the house.

I normally do not mod the CPU die. I abrade copper surfaces down to 1500 grit paper, and then polish with scapings from a bar of buffing compound. Everything is done on 1/2" plate glass to maintain flatness. The final mirror polish is done with the compound granules on a clean, damp cloth.

Desktop processors mostly have slightly raised corners, so smoothness is not as much of concern. You're going to get thermal-interface compond completely covering the center of the processor. The ideal is to fill the microscopic gaps between the cpu die and the hsf, but where there is metal on metal, have it be. 

Metal to metal provides 100s to 1,000s times the heat transfer of thermal paste. But, on a desktop, there are more effective cooling solutions than moving air. Most user are satisfied with their laptops, because the processor doesn't run full speed long enough to make a difference.

But I enjoy tweaking, and I do processor-intensive work, like batch editing 100s of large images, video rendering, security testing, password recovery, network testing; that are all severely compromised by poor, stock laptop cooling solutions.
    • By sam@83
      Hello !
      I tried a tutorial on the forum to remove the supervisor password on a X260 thinkpad but the winbond 25Q128FVPQ chip is not recognized with the programmer CH341A and ASprogramer (does not detect automatically and not manually). Plugged into the motherboard with a soic8.

Can you help me with detection?
      Can I find the password with the software or do I have to write it?

Thank you so much !!!
    • By Cubitci
      To install the unlocked bios, I prepared and booted a freedos usb. I start the installation by typing flash.bat but every time I get the following error: Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash Access. Please contact the target System BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.
      How can i solve this problem ?
    • By arifhsn
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/0zjk9f

please help i can't access my g5070's advanced menu

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.