Star Citizen in the forum

LAZYB

Hey there,

just wanted to know who has pledged to the Star Citizen project. Have they achieved any expectations you had? How are you liking the developement of the game?

Me personally, I think Cloud Imperium made a lot of promises we could be sceptical about, but already showing results of this ambitious game (I'm really excited to see more).

PS: My ship is a 315p explorer. Do you have any favorites?

• 3 weeks later...

Star Citizen is amazing already with Arena Commander. A lot of the time has been spent underneath the hood, but a lot of that is already done and so they are going to start pushing out a lot of new content starting in March with the FPS mod. I have pledged and I'm co-founder of an Organization. I love the Super Hornet, makes mincemeat of the Vanduul. I also have a Constellation Aquila for exploration and cargo. I actually met Chris Roberts at PAX South - San Antonio at the townhall meeting and you get the feeling these guys are totally invested in making everything they've promised happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Citizens !

Is your Star Citizen laggy ? I can't play the galle Full HD with 5150pts with 3Dmark2011 ? It runs on a MSI GT70 with 3630 i7 SSD drive and a 675Mx... Any idea for me ?

I've pledged for a Freelancer Max if you need transportation :)

• 1 month later...
Hi Citizens !

Is your Star Citizen laggy ? I can't play the galle Full HD with 5150pts with 3Dmark2011 ? It runs on a MSI GT70 with 3630 i7 SSD drive and a 675Mx... Any idea for me ?

I've pledged for a Freelancer Max if you need transportation :)

Decrease the resolution? With my 7970m(rip), which is similar in performance to the 675MX, I had to go low @1600x900 to get decent consistent fps.

• 2 weeks later...
Decrease the resolution? With my 7970m(rip), which is similar in performance to the 675MX, I had to go low @1600x900 to get decent consistent fps.

I have the same card and had that problem until I updated to the beta drivers, I can play decently in 1920x1080 but note that I also overclocked the card a bit (GPU Clock 900, Memory Clock 1400), just give it a try.

• 6 months later...

I did pledge a couple of years ago but to be honest I have lost a lot of patience with the project. I was hoping that there may have been a working game by now. I had dreamt for a long time about bringing my Firefly fantasies to life and am still hoping that this is the game but when games like Elite have arrived and have already planned an expansion release, it is a little frustrating that I put money toward the project.

How do you guys feel about Elite as an alternative? Will Star Citizen take any inspiration from the infinite universe in the game?

• Founder

Seems they are taking far too long to get the core of the game which is persistence and are instead releasing small modules and collecting money on ship sales. It almost seems like a scam to me and I do hope they end up with a solid game rather than something that was just a way to milk people of their money.

• 4 weeks later...