MSi R9-M290X in 8740w problem

A friend of mine got this GPU. I was the first one to try it, but it wont work on anything but external with the stock BIOS. Tried a modded 8970m vBIOS, the display's backlight is on, but no picture and wont boot into Windows, also cuts out the external. Tried Clevo P270WM vBIOS as well, same as with the 8970m vBIOS. I found another one, don't know what's its story, still nothing. At last I tried the M6100* and of course I bricked the GPU. No worries though, my friend has a programmer, so he got it back to life. Still wont output to internal. Could anyone help us?

*The DreamColor in my friend's 8740w only works if FirePro or Quadro is in there that's why I tried this cross flash and that's why I was the first one to try it.

As a side note - 6970m wont output to the DreamColor, but once flashed to M8900, works just fine, aside from the broken fan control that is. So i guess there's some vBIOS - EDID handshake that's missing in the 6970m vBIOS. Is it possible to get this part and implement it in newer GPUs, like 7970m or the R9-M290X in question?

Thank you very much.

The one from Clevo P370SM worked after lowering the RAM speed. It seems that this GPU has really crappy memory to start with. The problem now is that with this BIOS the GPU is not stable with anything more than 300MHz RAM, which obviously cripples it quite a lot (the core runs fine @stock - 900MHz). So now, another one - is it possible that it's timings related (that's what I think it is) and is it fixable?