Y510p with a single 755m and i5... pisspoor performance in some games?

rupek1995

Hi, I have a y510p laptop, with i5 cpu and a single 755m gt gpu. I am wondering - why some games have so poor performance even on lowest settings? I have done a clean install of GPU drivers today but it didn't help at all. I tried playing Battlefield 4, but I get about 20FPS on LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTINGS. Meanwhile, on Battlefield 3, or Max Payne 3, I can max out the game and have about 40-60FPS without a problem. I also had this problem with GTA 4, it's just weird that gta barely works, meanwhile a game on an updated engine works flawlessly on MAX settings with about 60FPS.

I am playing while on high performance mode, and I tried to change nvidia settings to my NVIDIA GPU only, and changing power plan to MAX performance.

Am I the only one who has this problem?

I am using throttlestop, I tried turning down the settings to medium - no luck, even in singleplayer. I got about 80c on CPU and 76C on GPU after playing single for a couple minutes, and it never jumped past the 20-25fps mark, even on lowest settings.

some games are more cpu intensive and some gpu intensive, and both cpu and gpu share same heatsink, so it can happen that something overheats and performance drops, also if i remember correctly when i played gta4 on pc around the time it came out for pc you had to change some game settings, there was a fix that disabled some shadows in the game which used to eat up alot of cpu and thats why the frames were low, try to google the fix

Hello, Did you try ugrading to the latest NVIDIA drivers? I believe there was a driver update that fixed the issue recently. Use the GeForce Experience program, go to the games tab, and modify the quality settings from there. You may need to set the directory where the game is running from. Then the NVIDIA app will auto select the best graphics option for you. I recommend going into the nvidia control panel and set the 3d setting to "let the 3d application decide"

What is the size of the RAM in your laptop? I'm asking this because the recommended memory is 8 gb for the Battlefield 4 .

GTA IV is a very poor optimized port from console, everybody complains about the low fps. At least you can try the 1.0.4 patch or the latest 1.0.7 it will help a little bit but not that much.