P570WM Memory WEI

I remember I had a set but the pc didn't boot with them but it booted up in my p370sm3 and gave me a 7.9 there. I see you have G.Skill ram of 4gb modules. Do I have to stick with 4gb sticks? What should I look for when purchasing future ram for this machine so that I can make sure it works before I buy? I would like to purchase compatible 1866 sticks (preferably 8gb sticks each; 2133 depending on price). Have any recommendations or is this machine incapable of 8gb sticks with speeds higher than 1600? I can't seem to find that part number online. Have a link?

Sorry for late reply, didn't get any notifications for some reason.

Edit: These are the closest ones I could find: http://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=33&series=0&prop_15=0&prop_67=0&prop_16=0&prop_17=2133MHz&prop_18=0&prop_19=0

Is this okay?

I remember I had a set but the pc didn't boot with them but it booted up in my p370sm3 and gave me a 7.9 there. I see you have G.Skill ram of 4gb modules. Do I have to stick with 4gb sticks? What should I look for when purchasing future ram for this machine so that I can make sure it works before I buy? I would like to purchase compatible 1866 sticks (preferably 8gb sticks each; 2133 depending on price). Have any recommendations or is this machine incapable of 8gb sticks with speeds higher than 1600? I can't seem to find that part number online. Have a link?

Sorry for late reply, didn't get any notifications for some reason.

Edit: These are the closest ones I could find: http://www.gskill.com/en/finder?cat=33&series=0&prop_15=0&prop_67=0&prop_16=0&prop_17=2133MHz&prop_18=0&prop_19=0

Is this okay?

That is what I have in 4GB sticks. Sorry, I just now saw your post.

I ordered some Vengeance 1866 C10 8gb sticks from RamExperts last week (exchanged the 2133 ram because they weren't compatible ~crashes alot). I'll let you know if those ones work stable when I get them in a few days. I hope they do. If not, I guess we are stuck on 16gb high end sticks or 32gb of low end sticks :P

I did some more testing with the G.SKILL and substantially improved their lackluster performance by loosening timings for all but the tRFC setting.

Before and after benchmarks are shown in the quote below.

tjtaT88h.jpg

@Meaker - I took your advice and tightened up the tRFC. Could not get to 150 or below, but MUCH lower than default. After doing some benching and stability testing with tm5, that being tighter and other timings looser (what the RAM sticks are rated for) seems to produce better results. See comparison below. CL11 is faster than CL10 (probably because CL10 was silently experiencing errors).

4huUu6S.jpg

K28oahp.jpg

I ordered some Vengeance 1866 C10 8gb sticks from RamExperts last week (exchanged the 2133 ram because they weren't compatible ~crashes alot). I'll let you know if those ones work stable when I get them in a few days. I hope they do. If not, I guess we are stuck on 16gb high end sticks or 32gb of low end sticks :P

So I got these and put them in and the computer didn't turn on at all so 1866 c10's aren't compatible :(

Unfortunately I can't test the corsair 2133's like you just did with those because I already sent them back.

• 3 weeks later...