Clevo W230SS - iPad as Second Monitor Issues

quietas

I've been experimenting with different apps on my iPad to use it as a second monitor while gaming. The goal for this second screen is to hold my Mumble/TeamSpeak/Ventrilo window as well as a web browser with maps and such.

I'm not sure if this is an nVidia issue or a vBIOS problem, but with iDisplay TwomonUSB I am getting Code 43 driver problems. Air Display is another one out there and they are reporting nVidia problems.

Anyone have a link to the most recent firmware updates for the W230SS with the FHD 1920x1080 screen and nVidia 860M?

OK, after much digging yesterday I managed to answer my own question. The problem is the Intel/nVidia Optimus. If the nVidia is disabled then the iPad as a second monitor driver will load correctly (tried 3 different apps). I also confirmed this through one of the software vendors.

It seems to be an Microsoft/nVidia combined driver issue as it works fine on OSX from what I read.