2012 15" MBP GT650M + GTX970@10Gbps-TB1 (AKiTiO Thunder2) + Win10/OSX10.11 [w4vz]

w4vz

1 hour ago, Granty said:

Hi Simon, yes I have already installed Windows 10 onto the ssd.

Well, usually I set my ssd as "active" state by using another PC, you would need to use terminal and type "diskpart" to get into the disk setting process. 

Edited by simon753

5 hours ago, simon753 said:

Well, usually I set my ssd as "active" state by using another PC, you would need to use terminal and type "diskpart" to get into the disk setting process. 

Simon, I have done as you suggested and used command prompt > diskpart.

I typed 'List Disk' and selected Disk 0 (see attached image).

And then I typed 'List Partition', which shows Partition 4 as the Primary.

Just guessing, but do you think the eGPU Setup 1.2 config file needs to specifically target Disk 0, partition 4 ?

1.pdf

Edited by Granty
added a screenshot

5 hours ago, Granty said:

Simon, I have done as you suggested and used command prompt > diskpart.

I typed 'List Disk' and selected Disk 0 (see attached image).

And then I typed 'List Partition', which shows Partition 4 as the Primary.

Just guessing, but do you think the eGPU Setup 1.2 config file needs to specifically target Disk 0, partition 4 ?

1.pdf

In order to use eGPU setup 1.2, I set my SSD disk as MBR disk in "active" mode. So you would need to change your setting and reinstall windows 10. PS:I backup my system every steps in case everything crashs, such as after I install a clean system and backup once, after that I install bootcamp driver and backup again and so on. 

11 hours ago, simon753 said:

In order to use eGPU setup 1.2, I set my SSD disk as MBR disk in "active" mode. So you would need to change your setting and reinstall windows 10. PS:I backup my system every steps in case everything crashs, such as after I install a clean system and backup once, after that I install bootcamp driver and backup again and so on. 

I can see now that I cannot set the SSD drive to 'Active' because it is using the GPT file structure and not MBR (see 1.pdf). So perhaps that is the issue?

Either the eGPU Setup 1.2 is looking for the Primary boot drive but at the wrong location or I need to start from scratch using the MBR file structure. What do you guys think?

1.pdf

Edited by Granty
grammar

2 hours ago, Granty said:

I can see now that I cannot set the SSD drive to 'Active' because it is using the GPT file structure and not MBR (see 1.pdf). So perhaps that is the issue?

Either the eGPU Setup 1.2 is looking for the Primary boot drive but at the wrong location or I need to start from scratch using the MBR file structure. What do you guys think?

1.pdf

Use MBR file structure will solve your issues. I had been through this I feel you bro XD. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, simon753 said:

Use MBR file structure will solve your issues. I had been through this I feel you bro XD. 

Thanks m8, i will try this later tonight. Such a frustrating process but should be worth it :)